25| the suspects

"Omg!" Leah exclaimed in pure shock

"Omg!" Leah exclaimed in pure shock. It hadn't looked like that since the last time she left.

She froze. Completely dumbfounded by the sight.

It was a complete mess. The racks that were painstakingly fixed had been dismantled, the couches were sprayed with sprayed paint and tables were broken apart.

On the newly painted wall, there were scribbles as if drawn by a little kid. It would take so much money to replace and repair everything.

Her hard work felt useless now.

Leah's parents were quiet, understanding what the shop meant to Leah. From the way Leah talked about it, anyone could tell how happy she was.

While they were comforting Leah, Kane had stormed out, determined to figure out the culprit of the mess.

Making calls to his lawyer and the police, he also went to figure out who managed the security cameras which faced outwards of the shop. There was one more camera in the shop.

Turns out, Leah was automatically transferred all the cctv rights to her, which made the jobs easier for Kane.

He found them resting on one of the untouched couches. There were about two left not vandalized.

"Leah, do you have the security camera footages with you now? They might bring us a lead" Kane said. "I'm so sorry that this happen to you baby" He crouched down, giving her a hug.

She slowly left her mother's arms and dug into her bag where her phone lied. It had the footage in it. Let's just hope it wasn't covered by anything.

They looked through the footage together and saw three figures, who they assumed are females ransacking the place. They wore black clothings from head to toe and even wore gloves to prevent fingerprints. But that was the camera in the shop.

And the camera facing outwards? Well it captured three woman leaving via a van that was in cahoots with them.

Just then, the police had arrived. They had knocked on the door and Kane let them in.

"Hi I'm Officer Stephanie and can you tell me briefly how everything went down?" She asked Leah in a soft tone.

The other officers also began their questionings on Kane, Liam and Hayley. It wasn't any of them, that goes without saying, but the officers had to do their jobs.

After their questioning, Leah remembered the cctv footage and showed it to Officer Stephanie who nodded at the sort of useful information.

"Could you send it to us? It would be helpful for our investigations" She asked, more so to seem polite. Either way, who wouldn't want to hand the officers evidence that would help catch the culprit. 

"Yup sure I'll send it to you now" Leah said as she made sure Stephanie had received it before they left.

"We will need to process the scene so you all cannot come for the next few days. I'll give you a call when you come back. Meanwhile, we need the keys" Stephanie explained the procedure which made Leah relax. She then handed the key over.