~7~

It was chilly once they had settled down.

The wind was crisp, the leaves crunchy, their hearts hollow.

The moon seemed to be gone, not a full moon or even a half moon. It just...wasn't there.

There they sat, not saying a word.

But how did they communicate with each other to meet outside? Simple. Katsuki had simply sent Izuku the little 🌌 emoji. Izuku responded a few moments later with a 🌃 emoji, both of them quickly putting some shoes on and meeting outside.
They didn't even grab a blanket or snacks, which was quite surprising since Katsuki had a very bad obsession with dark chocolate. Meaning he always carried small little pieces with him especially at times like these.

But now here they were, lying down in the grass with their eyes calmly staring at the night sky. Which would've been better if the lamposts weren't on but it would have to do.

Just a few days ago they had encountered the League of Villains (LOV) but this time they met, everyone was more powerful. More experienced, in each skill that was required to fight. Their improvements were SO good that it almost made class 2-A lose the battle.

It was scary.

All they wanted to do is go on a small field trip and go to a museum for science class. When the security started yelling for people to get out of the premises, they wanted to escape but at the same time, they couldn't just stand there and watch the villains get their way.

'They're just kids' people would say. And at one point they felt so small, but they had to keep going.

The Pro-heroes and the class did the best they could.

But in the end, they let someone get killed during the process.

All the guilt. The shame. The blame the students put themselves through because they let a life go. A worthy life they let slip through their fingers like sand.

It hurt like hell.

Even though they didn't kill the person, it felt like they did.

"How are you feeling?" Katsuki asked, his raspy voice going a little calm, a little softer and quieter.

"I guess I've been better." Izuku sighed, rubbing his tired eyes.

"Oi. Stop acting like I'm stupid. I know you're lying. You're not much of a good actor anyways." Katsuki grumbled, making Izuku laugh a bit.

"I just...I don't know. I let someone die. I could've done better. I could've helped them. If only I was faster. If only I was stronger If only-"

Before he could even keep going, Katsuki hit him straight in the head. "And I'm not hurt? And the whole class isn't hurt? And it was just you who was fighting and everyone else wasn't? Listen here you little shit. It's not all your fault so stop playing hero all on your own. I was there too and so were the other extras.

So quit being all gloomy when it wasn't even your fault. It's not just you who's a hero. I'm here too so I don't wanna hear it"

It might've been an insult, a mean comment or some sort of ridicule. But for Izuku it was Katsuki's own way of trying to make him feel better.

That made Izuku a tad bit better.

Because he didn't want to keep being sad. He didn't want to cry in Ochaco's arms everyday as she hugged him, trying to comfort him the same way a loving mother would tend to a crying baby. He didn't want to be a bother. But he didn't want to be sad either.