~23~

[UNEDITED]

"It was me."

Mika nodded, eyes red from tears and the acid taste in their mouth still there. After dismissing Himiko, Shoto was the last one standing, ready to be questioned.

He didn't seem to mind. His face looked rather calm. He was always monotonous, but there were times like these where being quiet didn't look good on him. Especially after doing that.

"It was you. You killed her. And now you are going to tell me everything that happened one by one. Leave nothing out, is that clear?"

Shoto nodded, not one look of fear in his eyes. And as he told everything one by one, Mika's eyes widened more and more. It was the same thing Touya and Himiko had previously stated, yet when spoken from
His point of view it seemed as though Mika wasn't talking to a human being.

"I had to let my brother get the revenge he had always seeked from me before I became his ally. He tortured me everyday yet, he would call it a dance. He would say, 'Oh little brother, dance with the sinner! Feast with the killer! Live with the monster! Be our hero. Be the savior from hell!'"

The way Shoto mimicked each word sent shivers down Mika's spine. He yelled them the day way Touya had. He carried the same expression Touya had. He moved his hands the same way Touya had.

It was all the same. He left nothing out.

Later, he told Mika that those words repeated in him everyday, so it was impossible for him to forget. He said how he would dream of that day most nights, so he knew every gesture Touya did by heart.

"When Himiko-San started spying on her, it was hard to get her out of it. She was an addiction for her. Yet, I could not seem to tell her no even when the spying was not needed. I knew how she felt, and I would feel horrible if I had to stop meeting with my only love."

Mika sniffed, "So you felt the same way as Himiko did? How so?"

Shoto looked up at the wall behind Mika, trying to find the words to explain it the best way he could. He was not good with emotions—trying to explain them was worse.

"Himiko fell into a depression after her death—when realization finally hit her. I feel like if someone were to take Izuku away from me, my life would feel hopeless. I would feel hopeless"

Mika flicked there pen, the pen emitting small clicks when it landed on the table. "What if I told you Izuku isn't yours?"

Shoto smiled, soft and innocent. "I do not worry. He is still mines, I am just taking a small vacation."

How innocent that sounded.

"What do you mean? Do you plan on doing something if you're released?" Mika worried over that, wishing that all of them would get life in prison.

"If I get out, I would like to fix things with Izuku and start another chapter in our lives. Time away means time to think about my actions and how I could possibly fix them." Valid enough, yet Mika didn't buy it.

"By actions do you mean drowning, abusing and mentally abusing? Do you think Midoriya would forgive you even after all of that?"

Shoto hummed, "Of course he would. He knew I never wanted to hurt him. He just confused the warmth I gave him with the pain he hallucinated."

"Even after the incident where he destroyed a whole city after he decided to leave you?"

"Yes."

It took everything in Mika not to shout. But before they could say anything, Shoto started speaking.

"He said some really hurtful things. He found out things he was never supposed to see. He was going to abandon me and break his promise. I was the one who would always keep the promise safe with me, but Izuku never did the same!