~10~

A few days later.

"What do you mean 'lost your purpose'? You're still so young, Young Midoriya! Barely twenty-one. You have a huge life ahead of you but instead you call it quits? What's with that?"

Izuku sighed, rubbing his temples in hopes of decreasing the utter pain he felt on his head.
All Might had called. A shocker really. He hadn't called Izuku in a while. He didn't want to answer but after the phone had rang non-stop he really didn't have a choice.

So now here he was, in his room where the shiny floors made him blind and the chandelier felt like it was going to fall. Izuku had to tell All Might what his life had brought him.

"All Might. I know that. Trust me I know that more than anyone. My quirk...it's just not capable of doing what it used to do. I'm not capable of saving people." All Might blinked, confused about what the other was talking about.

"Midoriya, what's going on. The Midoriya I know doesn't speak like this. The Symbol of Peace I know doesn't quit. So what's with this sad talk?" Izuku chuckled, the sound he produced felt like nothing. Empty.

"The Midoriya you knew changed All Might. Everyone and everything changes. You haven't talked to me in years, of course you're gonna see a change." Suddenly All Might felt guilty. It wasn't something Izuku intended to do, it just slipped out.

All Might had other work to accomplish. The new generation of aspiring heroes was even more difficult to teach. To control. Quirks have evolved meaning that teaching methods had to change too. He was getting older as well, his body not being able to handle much.

He was so busy in his own life he didn't even have time to think about his successor.

And also, Izuku was twenty-one. All Might thought that he could just...manage himself at this point.

"Is something wrong with your quirk?" Izuku stiffened. He should've expected this but once it came, it hit him like a truck.

"No."

"So then why-"

Izuku snapped. "All Might. I appreciate you calling me. Really, I do. I am not capable of saving anymore. I don't feel like being questioned at the moment so please don't bother. Thanks again, but I would like to stick by myself.

I don't need your help. Goodbye."
And with that, he hung up.

Right after the incident that happened a week ago, Izuku had completely shut down. He didn't go outside. He didn't talk. Hell, not even Shoto's demands made him open up.

It was all just too much for him to take.

Japan obviously went crazy. Spreading rumors, investigating, even trying to scout where he lived. But since they didn't know where Izuku was staying, they couldn't. Not even the other Pro-Heroes knew where he lived.

He was all alone. The only person he had was Shoto. And not even then did he dare open up to him.
Shoto on the other hand didn't care at the end of the day. He didn't show any emotion. Didn't want to give away what his mind was going through.

He had...opinions on what happened with Izuku. But no way was he going to say them out loud.

Nails dug on his rough skin, clenching so hard the paleness of his palm soon turned into a dark pomegranate color, the thick liquid slithering down to his arms and landing on his lap.

He felt so many feelings, but if you saw him the same way Shoto was looking at him right now, he looked...fine.

Standing in the doorway of their room, Shoto only blinked, staring at the red substance the same way Izuku was. Emotionless. As if this were nothing uncommon.