~14~

School has been kicking my ass. So sorry but here you go <3
Also play this song when recommended:)

When Izuku was younger, he would be the hero of his own room. And sometimes he would like to think of how great it would be if those stuff animals and those little toy cars and those little All Might plushies were actual people; seeing their content faces as he saved yet another life. Seeing people cry in pure joy of being alive and getting to see another day. Seeing people thank him for being the peace of this world. For being the peace of his world.

When Katsuki was younger, he would be the hero of his own room. And sometimes he would like to think of how cool it would be if those figurines and those little toy cars and if those little stuffed explosions he loved so much were real people; telling him how amazing and cool and powerful he was. Telling him how superior he was than the rest. Telling him to keep going higher and higher and higher. That creating peace was what made you stronger.

When Shoto was younger, he would be the hero of his own room. And sometimes he would like to think of how amazing it would be if those plushies and those weight lifts and if those training gears were actually him; praising himself of how strong he was to prove his father wrong. Praising himself for seeking justice by using rebellion. Of how brave he was to save people in a way his father didn't like. In a way that drowned his father in his own karma.

Why? Why would I take the time to write this?

They all had different motives. Some were worse than others. Some were dark while others were filled with the sweet innocence of a child. Others were driven by the expectations you only see in plays and movies, while some remained under the shackles of the one he was meant to obey like a puppet with strings.

But just like a maze, sometimes, no matter where you go you always end up in the same place. The dead end.

And for Izuku, Katsuki and Shoto, it was peace.

Why?

They were scared to fail the audience in their room.

***

With the painting under his arm, he quickly made his way back to Shoto' house, unlocking the main door and running to his room, getting a trash bag and stuffing all of his belongings. He didn't even care to fold his clothes, his neat shirts turning into wrinkled fabric.

There was one in particular; a black shirt with little constellations littered everywhere. It was a gift from Shoto after he drowned him for the first time. As if to say sorry. Izuku found it very pretty, yet he would never wear it.

Wearing it was like wearing a visible resentment towards Shoto.

His face turned into a frown, a new small battle starting in his mind. He didn't want to be ungrateful, but after everything that Shoto did, was it really worth it at all? He didn't want to see an apology as a useless thing, but after a thousand others, doesn't it get old?

He shook his head, putting it back inside his drawers as he continued stuffing his clothes inside. But yet again, he found another piece of clothing—-a limited edition All Might sweatshirt Shoto got him after Izuku's first bruise he got by Shoto's fist.

And then again; this time with a pair of shoes Shoto got after his first time being tormented by his repeated yells, insults and screams.

It didn't stop, every time he would pick something up, he would always have a story behind it. And he hated that more than anything else in this world.

There were minutes where he would remember yells and screams. Other times where he would remember the pain in his stomach and his own vomit sitting on the floor. He would even remember the times he would look in the mirror and barely recognize himself, his shiny eyes and rosy freckles getting replaced with the horror of blue and red splotches—-his eye swollen and his nose bleeding.