~20~

"I have questioning with them later today. For now, I'm trying my best to lead the press to another direction. But it seems like all these asses want to talk about are Todoroki and Midoriya."

Katsuki grunted, placing a small portion of yogurt on a platter. "I told you I would take care of that, eyebags. You look dead because of that. What, you gonna look dead at the questioning?" Mika stared at him for a good minute, before looking down at the floor and saying, "Eyebags or not, I'm doing this for myself. For her."

Katsuki threw the peels of orange in the trash, noticing the glisten in Mika's eyes when they said that. "Who's her?"

Mika scoffed, a sarcastic laugh escaping their lips. "Why should I tell you, huh? Well, why?"

Katsuki knew that was coming. The sudden defense in their voice made it as clear as day. "Because you owe me."

Mika's eyes widened, their mind suddenly running through all the thoughts—all those files of thoughts and memories. When did they ever owe him?

"How?" It was more of a demand than a question, teeth clenched and all. Mika swore they never let their guard down, ever said anything more than necessary. They took every precaution to never owe anyone anything. So how could they have fallen in his trap?

"Because I never told anyone who that 'her' was."

Oh.
Katsuki is a strange man, isn't he?

Slowly, their teeth unclenched, vulnerability threatening to break the cracks. How could he? How could he ever know? It has to be some type of joke, right? He's just testing my patience, right?

"You never told anyone anything because you yourself don't know. Shut the hell up and mind your damn business," they hissed, wanting to believe their own words. Katsuki then placed a glass of water, mindful that it wouldn't spill.

"Tch. Say that all you want, but when it comes to people you love, your anger makes you an open book," he said, so sure of himself it hurt for Mika to hear. The sound of metal on metal was loud enough, the muffled chattering of other people outside combined.

"Who is she?" He asked, leaving Mika to grip their own tears back. They didn't say anything, too afraid to admit to the fucked up reality. As if the escape of those words would end the world.

It would end the world, they thought. So scared in fact, they tried kicking Katsuki in the knee, making a run for it towards the door. Alas, Katsuki was too swift and had a pain tolerance of a feral animal to the point he grew accustomed to the things Mika did.

He grabbed them by the collar, yanked them back to the point Mika was unwillingly standing in front of him.

"Who is she?" He asked again. When those words were said, Mika snapped.

"Why do you want to know?!" They yelled, looking at him dead in the eye with such pain it made Katsuki want to know even more. "You say you know, right? So then why do you have to force me to say it?!"

"Because I want to hear them from you. I hate assuming," he said, glaring right back. Mika wanted to pull their hair out right then and there, their fists clenched along with hair in the middle of their fingers. All they had to do was pull it out and strands would be on the floor.

"Damn it! Damn you, Bakugou! Does it look like it's pleasant to admit? Do you think it's easy for me to admit to something shitty that happened?!" They yelled, even louder to the extent that others outside could hear.

"Damn it Mika don't you get it?!"

Mika stopped abruptly, noticing that Katsuki too, had a reason. Obviously, he wanted something more than just know. He wanted more than just the truth. Something that lingered in the back of his mind, subconsciously telling him to do something to feel another.