31

"The hidden leaf village..." Maki looked at the large village with a smile full of nostalgia. She leaned forwards and yelled so clearly and loudly, that the smirk on Tsunades face only increased.

"KONOHAAA!" Naruto, Shikamaru, Sakura and Sasuke all turned around, smiles on their faces as they heard Makis voice.

"I'M HOOOOOMEEEE!!"

Team 7 glanced at one another with grins, and just as they were about to rush towards Maki, Shisui pushed past them at abnormal speed.

"Move it! I get to see my baby sister first, losers!" Sasuke growled at his cousin and stood back up, sprinting after Shisui who happened to be the fastest shinobi in the village.

"MAKI!" As soon as she could blink, the young girl found herself being tackled to the ground and felt two strong arms wrap around her. Man, she missed being able to do that too.

"Shisui..." Maki smiled and hugged him with her only arm, grunting a little when he squeezed her harder. 

"You've changed so much!" He lifted her with little-to-no effort and brought his fingers up to stretch her cheeks. He blushed at how adorable she looked when she whined, but he only ignored her small noises of protest and forced down some tears.

"YOU GREW UP WITHOUT ME!"

"W-What?" Maki blinked in confusion. "But, Shisui--"

"How could you?!" He interrupted her, turning around with crossed arms and making sure she couldn't see the Cheshire grin on his face.

Genuinely thinking he was mad, Maki's face twisted in concern as she tapped his shoulder. Shisui was one of the only people she couldn't handle feeling anger towards her. Actually, she probably could handle it but that doesn't mean it would be easy.

Despite it being irrational and impossible, Maki tapped him again and felt a little guilty for... Growing up without him.

"W-Wait, Shisui, I'm sorry!" A sigh could barely be heard as a fist knocked on Shisuis head and a younger Uchiha showed himself, a disappointed glare directed to Shisui yet his face morphed into a kind and soft smile once landing on Maki.

"I-Itachi!" Maki squeaked out, overjoyed to see another of her family members, yet concern still lingered inside of her as if Shisui was still mad at her. Though her concern only increased when Shisui seemed to be writhing in pain.

"C'mon," Itachi, being the gentleman he is, kicked Shisui away and made the male lay down in front of them, urging Maki to walk forwards and on her brother so she wouldn't dirty her shoes anymore.

"I-Itachi..." Maki sweatdropped. "I think he's in pain--"

"That's okay," He smiled and ignored the brief yelp of pain from below. "Besides, Lady Tsunade is waiting for you." 

The heir of the Uchiha clans face morphed into genuine confusion as he walked with her. "How did you manage to come two days late?"

Shisui, who had just stood up and noticed Makis flushed cheeks had panicked. He latched his hands onto her shoulder and shook her back and forth, uncaring of her missing arm and the chance that he could hurt her. She appreciated how he didn't treat her any different.

"DON'T TELL ME YOU CAME LATE BECAUSE OF A BOYFRIEND?!"

Naruto, Sasuke and Shikamaru who had just arrived upon the scene, froze and paled in horror. Did they already lose their chance? They wondered glumly.