Percy- Freedom (fem!)

(Warning! Angst! Mentions of enslavement! If you are sensitive to that topic then you can gladly skip this one.)

You shivered in the cold dark room, cut and bleeding in multiple places. Sometimes you forgot that there was a world outside of this cell. Outside of the darkness and pain. You hugged your knees to your chest to try to keep in as much of the warmth as possible, but it was no use. The freezing floor you sat on seemed to suck up all the warmth from you body. Leaving you empty. But the worst feeling wasn't the pain or the coldness, it was the fact that you were alone. The miserable, thought-consuming feeling of being alone. It's something no one can truly explain. Except it corrupts the mind and soul. Leaving you hanging off the cliff wondering if just letting go might be a good idea. Being alone makes you forget all good. It twists your thoughts until you think bad is right. And worst of all, it makes you obey. It's one of the worst punishments ever and anyone would do anything to never be put back in there. It had been forever since they let you see the sun. You didn't know when they would come back for you. They might never. Just leave you to rot in the cell for eternity. That was the most horrible punishment. But at least it would someday be over. But you could never be that lucky.

You heard the key turn in the door. Making you jump up and run to the corner to get away from whatever it was coming to get you. You buried your face in your knees. The terrible feeling of fear washing over you. Pulling you deeper into the abyss until you couldn't climb out anymore.  The door creaked open. And the horrible face of a Dracanae filled your vision. It was one you learned to loath with all of your existence. The slithering of snakes just increased your fears. You cower away from it, pushing yourself farther into the corner.

"Having fun in there pet?" It asked. "Massster wantssss you to clean the deck." You knew disobeying it would only get you into trouble, so you shakily stood up and nodded. The Dracanae crabbed you arm, digging its talons into it while pulling you along. You didn't hiss or scream. You were used to the pain. It wasn't anything new. You had to cover your eyes to stop the brightness of the sun from blinding them. You weren't used to the light. After them locking you in a cell for a week with only water to drink.

You accidentally knocked into someone when you got on to the deck.

"Watch it pet." You heard someone hiss at you. You kept your head down. You knew better then to look then in the eyes. You weren't their equal and you knew that. Suddenly you were pushed to the deck. You could feel some of the sharp splinters of wood already stuck in your skin. And it hurt like crazy.

"Clean pet. Don't let ussss ssssee you sssslacking or we'll throw you back in the dungeon." The monster said before dropping a bucket of water and a mop beside you. She then hissed and slithered away while you started working.

(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)

It was getting dark and you still hadn't cleaned the whole deck. The ship was massive with many layers. It would take years to clean it all and they had only given you a day. The mop swished against the ground. Your hands had developed warts and blisters from the mop which didn't help a bit.

A hard kick from the back sent you flying to the ground. You heard a loud crack and figured your nose was probably broken. You quickly got up getting a quick glance at the figure in front. You started to hyperventilate. You wanted to run. It was him. The one you hated the most and was most terrified of.

"Hello pet. Were you good while I was gone?"He grinned widely knowing very well what had happened during his week of absence. You kept your mouth shut.

"Still terrified I see. But don't worry. I won't hurt you if you just follow the rules. Have you finished your job?" You shook your head.