Nico- Not Built For Love (fem!)

This chapter and the song with itwas requested by Manjiro27 I hope you enjoy! This takes place during trials of Apollo but Percy and Annabeth are already in New Rome.

I forgot to mention in the last chapter that I changed this book to just be male character x reader.

You wished you could calm the tension. You felt it weighing down on you as you listened to the heated arguments going on around the ping pong table. You couldn't blame them. The times were stressful. Octavian had launched a full scale attack on camp half-blood and communications were down so no help could be sent from camp Jupiter. It was a nightmare in real life. You hadn't been to camp long but since you were the only child of Hecate in camp so far it automatically reserved you a seat at the ping pong table that was used more for shouting than pleasant games.

You looked across the table at Nico. His eyes had coal black rings around them from lack of sleep. You felt so bad for him. A lot of the anger had been taken out on him. Why? Because they blamed him for the fact that a lot of minor gods had been receiving cabins. It meant a lot of "newbies" were here that supposedly would just be dead weight in the war. It hurt your feelings more than you let it show.

"Miss L/N? Miss L/N are you alright?" The conversation had stopped but you hadn't noticed. You had tuned them out after they suggested putting the newcomers in the front because they'd die anyway. Chiron called your name again. "Y/N?"

"Yeah? Oh, yeah I'm fine. I'm just tired," You lied. Nico gave you a look that meant he had seen through it.

"Do you have anything to add?" You knew Chiron was trying his hardest to include you. So you wracked your brain for any trace of what they had been talking about. You finally remembered.

"Well, right now camp is in it's worst state ever, or so I've heard from this conversation. I think our top priority should be getting people to camp Jupiter. We will need all the help we can get."

The minute you said that the room broke out into an argument again. Some people for you and some against you. You slumped back into your chair. You hated all the tension. It seemed like if this went on for a while they might draw swords.

(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)

They managed to decide to send Jason, Piper and Leo to camp Jupiter.

"We'll find all the people that at least know how to hold a weapon. We're going to need everyone we can get." Clarisse explained and you jumped from your seat, slamming your hands into the table so hard you might've actually injured your hands.

"No! You can't do that! They'll die instantly." You wanted to punch her in the face but you were starting to realized just how hard you punched that table.

"Shut up. You don't get a say in this. You're just a newbie."

"So are they! You're sending away our three best fighters and replacing them with people who stand no chance!" You wished someone else understood just how stupid she was being. You looked to Chiron who wouldn't look you in the eye. Even Jason, Piper and Leo weren't objecting. Finally you looked at Nico. Hoping and pleading with your eyes but he lowered his gaze. "I can't believe any of you."

You ran out of the big house but tripped running down the deck stairs. A new wave of pain washed over you as you landed on your hands. As if by magic Will was immediately next to you.

"That fall didn't sound good." He took a look at your hands. "Come on, to the infirmary with you."

"Will, I just tripped."

"Your hands are swelling."

You looked down and it was true. They were. You reluctantly followed me Will to the infirmary. He made you sit on one of the medical beds.