Your Aura Almost Drowns Me

"That's the last time I ever agree to one of your ideas."

Stan just smiled sardonically down at his friend, who was currently sick with a cold and in bed. "You're one to talk," he said as he sat on the edge of Kyle's bed, "Your ideas are usually much worse. At least skinny dipping is a normal thing to do than... whatever the fuck else we get up to."

Kyle just rolled his eyes, sniffing and looking away from his best friend. Stan sighed and wore a worried smile, feeling a little guilty. He brought up the idea of skinny dipping in Stark's Pond at night, not thinking of important details such as how cold it might be. Both Stan and Kyle were prone to carrying things a little too far sometimes, (more Kyle than Stan), so when Kyle absolutely refused to go along with Stan's plan, the latter practically dragged him all the way to the pond and shoved him in, to hell with Kyle's "maturity." More like wet-blanket.

But of course, Kyle was the smarter one of the two, which usually meant he was right most of the time. The fiasco ended with the red-head in a cold and caused him to miss out on some school days, pissing him off. And as much as Stan loved his best friend, a sick and angry Kyle was a force to be dealt with, even though he was bedridden.

"I can't believe you're completely fine... This is totally unfair..." Kyle mumbled quietly into his blanket, eyebrows furrowed and still looking away. Stan found it endearing. He scratched the back of his neck and hung his head a little, causing Kyle to finally look at him. "Look dude, I'm sorry. I can do all of your chem homework for a week to make it up to you?" Stan offered hopefully. Kyle gave him a sarcastic smile, "Yeah, that'll do me more harm than good." The two laughed warmly, Kyle's anger quickly dissipating and Stan's guilt moving to the back of his mind.

Stan always loved it when it was just the two of them, he felt truly at home when it was Kyle who was by his side. They could share anything with each other, whether it be moments or words. Kyle showed a side to Stan that he would never show anyone else, because there was always a feeling of safety, and trust, and unconditional love between them. It's been rooted in their friendship for as long as either of them can remember, and neither of them would know where they'd be without it. It was always the two of them versus the world for Stan, and he felt like he could do anything as long as Kyle was waiting for him at the end.

Looking at Kyle now, even though he was sick, Stan thought he appeared so open and soft. He felt something surge through his nerves, making his fingers curl underneath his palms and he felt like something was trying to leap out of his chest.

Without warning, Stan bent down and placed a soft kiss on Kyle's forehead.

Kyle's eyes widened in surprise. "Dude wha-"

But Stan simply trailed his kisses to Kyle's temple, to the corner of his eye, down to his cheek. Stan was silent as he made sure to kiss every space on Kyle's face he could reach. His mind went completely blank, focusing on his task like his life depended on it. The quiet noises Kyle made from the affection only drove Stan further, and eventually Stan found Kyle's hand from under his blanket and lightly grasped it. Stan felt out-of-character as he eventually kissed across Kyle's nose to his other cheek, but he didn't care. He felt so compelled in the moment, as if the universe was giving Stan this one chance to be this close to his best friend. Kyle gave him the courage he needed to take that chance.

Kyle slowly calmed down with every kiss he received, his eyes nearly closing. Multiple emotions ran through Kyle in such a quick amount of time, as he went from being surprised to confused to content. Stan's cool lips felt soothing against Kyle's hot face, and he felt like he could be cured from Stan's light pecks alone. He could feel Stan kiss from his cheekbone to his temple and to his forehead again, and when Kyle's eyes shut completely, he could feel Stan kiss his eyelids. Kyle felt his heart racing in his chest, and it reverberated through his bones, yet at the same time he has never felt so relaxed and so loved. His face probably looked red, but Stan wouldn't be able to tell if it was because of the cold or the kisses. It was as if each one was taking a piece of Kyle's soul away, but simultaneously filled him with life. Kyle held onto Stan's hand with the decision to never let go as he sunk deeper into his bed, his limbs relaxing and his brain focusing on the sensations his best friend was giving him.