Spill That Spring Break Tea (2)

Second part! It's shorter than the first, but I hope you enjoy anywayyyy

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Friday

Stan was sitting on his bed, his hands in his hair as he was contemplating the events of yesterday. He's been in that position for nearly an hour now, and he couldn't believe he actually did that. Even if it wasn't an actual kiss, he knew Kyle got the idea. Stan's face turned red with embarrassment as he lied on his bed and curled into himself. He kept mumbling "ah fuck" over and over again. He was scared of what Kyle's reaction was. After Stan pulled off his little act yesterday, he raced into his house, afraid of what Kyle thought. He was probably shocked, but Stan also felt like Kyle knew about his feelings for him all along. What if Kyle stops being Stan's friend after this? Stan would literally die if that happened. There would be no point in living if he couldn't hang out with his best friend anymore.

"God, why am I so fucking stupid!" Stan yelled at his ceiling, his back flat on his mattress now.

Suddenly, his bedroom door opened, and there stood Stan's mom, Sharon, looking at her son with a concerned expression. "Stanley," she started in a calming tone, "Is everything okay? I heard you yelling." Stan just huffed and turned away from his mom. He didn't really feel like talking to anyone right now. "Yeah mom, everything's fine." Sharon sighed, and entered the bedroom, gently closing the door behind her. She took a seat by the foot of Stan's bed. "I'm your mother, baby," she softly countered, "You can tell me anything."

Stan felt his face heat up. He didn't want his mom seeing him like this, but he knew she was just worried about him.

"I kissed Kyle," Stan blurted out, hiding his face in his pillow. Sharon's eyebrows went up, her expression still kind and soft as she gave a quiet "oh."

"Well, I didn't actually kiss him," Stan continued, still not looking at his mom, "But still, it had the same idea." Sharon had to take this all in. She knew Stan and Kyle were very close, so the fact that something like this happened doesn't surprise her, which surprises her. She peered over at her son, as his back was still turned to her. "...do you like Kyle, baby?" Stan lifted his head to finally look at her, but only to stare at her in disbelief in response to her obvious question. Sharon smiled. "Have you told him how you feel?"

Stan groaned as he plopped his head back onto the cushions. He felt miserable. "Kyle has a boyfriend," Stan responded tiredly, not even feeling hopeless anymore. Sharon grew a worried expression as she comfortingly set a hand on Stan's ankle, rubbing her thumb over his skin. "I think you need to have a conversation with Kyle, Stanley," Sharon advised, "You've been cooped up in your room since this morning. Go out and talk to him."

Stan moaned, refusing to confront Kyle at all. He was still afraid of what his reaction might be, believing he screwed up their friendship because of his stupidity. Sharon sighed as she stood up.

"Well, at least take take Sparky for a walk. You need some fresh air, young man." Stan sat up in bed, nodding to Sharon. "Thanks mom."

"Love you, baby," Sharon finished as she stepped out of Stan's room. Stan sighed, and called for his dog.

As Stan was walking Sparky, he realized his mom was right, it feels a lot better to be outside instead of being trapped with your thoughts. He walked all throughout town, with Sparky walking ahead of him, eagerly sniffing every corner. Stan took a deep breath, feeling a lot calmer. He does need to talk to Kyle, especially before he leaves to go back to school. Stan couldn't bare to leave things off with Kyle just like that.

He stopped walking as Sparky squatted in the snow-covered grass to take a shit. Stan was about to whip out his phone while he waited for his dog to finish, until he looked across the street to find Kyle on his bike. Kyle stopped too, one foot landing on the floor as he stared back at Stan. They just looked at each other for a while, both of them not saying or doing anything.