Chapter 39

I was about to slowly move towards my room to avoid socializing when the floor board creaked and everyone looked at me.

So much for avoiding people.

"Hey Genie!" Leo grinned while Zac was simply staring at me.

What are they both doing here?

I tried to hide myself behind the wall because I was wearing bare minimum. I quickly ran to my bedroom to wear something more than tank top and shorts.

I need to hurry. If anyone comes into my room they'll come to know about my past.

I still had all the photos from my high school and all the memories. I was fumbling through my wardrobe to wear something casual and not to overdo anything when I heard my room's doorknob twist.

What the...

I jumped into action and tackled down the person who was trying to enter my room.

"Ouch!" the person grumbled with a loud thud.

I looked underneath and I saw Zac groaning in pain.

This is so awkward.

He looked at me confusingly and momentarily his gaze moved to my lips. I quickly pursed my lips inside and he looked at my eyes again.

"You want to jump me that bad?" he spoke.

Before I could reply, I was interrupted.

"What the hell are you doing with my daughter! I just asked youtocall her downstairs" Carl shouted and pulled me away gently.

"Ma'am, she was the one above me" Zac spoke politely while getting up.

I was extremely flustered but I quickly closed the door of my room and stood outside.

Phew safe.

"Bro, what's going on" Leo questioned.

To avoid anymore investigation, I spoke "It was an accident guys, I just fell and... it was just a clumsy moment."

They all left reluctantly. Zac turned around again and walked towards me. My eyes widened when he made me wear my pendant.

I thought I lost it.

"It was in my car, I hope before coming downstairs you change into something else" he spoke huskily in my ear. I was stiff, he moved back, winked and left. His actions and his eyes held so many emotions.

Oh my gosh! where the heck is my reflex action.

I quickly changed into my full length pajamas and made my way downstairs. All three of them were sitting around the dining table, talking merrily. Aunt seemed to have warmed up to both of them.

I silently sat near her.

"Genevieve, Leo was telling me about the Bachelorette you arranged for them" Carl spoke.

"Yeah, it's common event for the bridegroom so I thought of letting them enjoy it" I replied keeping my eyes at my plate.

"Miss Young, I would have been happy if you didn't waste time and money on such an event, I clearly didn't want it" Zac said glaring at me.

What the heck is his problem.

"Oh come on, don't be stiff as a board, your brother already accepted that boys loved it, don't worry about budgeting, that's her forte" Carl lightened up the atmosphere.

Zac came just to inform me again that he wanted a small marriage ceremony and nothing more. He also wanted to make sure that the media didn't know about anything yet. I resolved all his worries.

Carl and Leo kept the table talk flowing but I just felt comfortable only when both the Loran brothers left.

I was annoyed at Leo for coming here without informing me.

"Are you ok Emma?" Carl asked.
"Yeah, but they could've informed me that they were going to drop here" I sighed.

"Oh don't worry, just remember I am always by your side, even if you are on top of someone else."

What?

I looked at her and saw her grinning while holding her phone which showed me lying on top of Zac.

I'm so fucking embarrassed. Why Carl why.

......
Hey there Bibliophiles,

I thought that I would finish this book in 23 or 24 chapters but here we are,

Anyways, here's the 3rd update for the week, I hope you enjoyed more this week.

How was the chapter?

Do you also have some embarrassing pictures?

Comment and vote.