Chapter 16

Tris’ POV

Chapter 16

I still haven’t told Tobias. I know I should have told him, but I really didn't want to say anything until I had my interview with admission department.

I get ready in a nice light white blouse with simple black pants. I tie my hair up in a ponytail. Once, I feel certain with my appearance I go to the garage to drive off to the the building where I was told to go to. Although, UCLA is in Los Angeles and I am in Chicago, to my luck, the admission officer was visiting for a conference meeting.

I arrive to an office like building and look for my directed room, and find a lady sitting in the front desk.

“Hello, I’m here for a meeting for Beatrice Prior. I think I am suppose to be meeting Daniel Hanks.” I states.

“Yes, he is down the hall to your left. He will be expecting your presence.” She replies in a kind manner.

“Thank you, have a nice day.”

“You too, Beatrice.” I smile, and follow the directions she gave me.

When I turn left down the hall, I see a room labeled, “CONFERENCE ROOM”, I knock on the door, and enter. A tall man around mid forties looks up from pile of papers and smiles. “You must be Beatrice Prior.” He stands up, and I shake his hand.

“Yes, sir. It’s really nice to meet you Mr. Hanks.”

“Oh please call me Daniel.”

“Oh, ok.”

“Ok, please have a seat.” I take a seat right across from him. “I understand this is suppose to be like an interview. But, the admission department really like your application and your SAT score, that we want you to join us in January.” He says straight to the point.

“I know this is out of the blue, but is the only way for me to attend your school in January?” I ask hopeful.

“Uh, that’s the thing. We like people like you, and we want you to get started right away.” My heart sort of shatters. I tune out a little still a little shocked by the news. Is that the only way I’d get into this school, by starting right away?

“I’m sorry, but I think I want to finish my senior year.”

He lets out a loud sigh, “I understand. But if you ever reconsider, here’s my card.” I thanks him for the offer, and I part ways with him.

+++

I pace back and forth in my room trying to think of the different ways I can tell Tobias. I know he’ll understand, well at least I hope so. I chose to stay and finish my senior year with him and my friends instead of going to Los Angeles.

I call him.

“Tris?” He asks groggily.

“Did you just wake up?”

“Yeah.”

I giggle, “Tobias, it’s like 2:45. What time did you go to bed?”

“I pulled an allnighter with Zeke and Uriah.”

“Oh, makes sense. Are you free right now?”

“I have football practice from 3:30 to 5:30.”

“Can you come at six? I need to tell you something, and I really don’t want to do it over the phone.” I tell him.

“Of course. I’ll see you then.” He says sweetly.