Here to stay

The trio took longer than expected to reach the infirmary. Midoriya either fell asleep or passed out, Aizawa couldn't tell, but he kept sliding off of his teacher's back. Yagi tried to help by securing the kid, but it was hard to carry the heavy boy even without the syncronized walking attempts.
A heavy burden was lifted off of Aizawa's shoulders when he put Midoriya on the infirmary bed. The boy was wheezing weakly, his cheeks flushed and his forehead sweaty. His fever must be high.
Toshinori observed his successor, painfully noticing the laboured breaths and shivering of the young man. How can a kid so strong look so weak?

Recovery girl talked to Aizawa while Toshinori sat next to Midoriya's bed, ruffling his green mess of hair. When the she approached the bed, the nurse spoke quietly. "So you're telling me that he keeps relapsing? After only walking a little bit? That's strange enough".
"Maybe it has something to do with his quirk?" Aizawa asked. "I mean, it is augmentation we're talking about. Maybe his illness is intensified by this augmentation as well?". Recovery girl took a minute to consider the possibility, a finger pressed to her chin as she was thinking.
"Then, what happens if you use your quirk, Earaser head? Will it reduce the fever, for example?" Recovery girl shared her thoughts. "We can test it. Take his temperature now, and again when I use earasure" he suggested.
Toshinori wasn't so keen about this idea, fearing it might reveal the secret of OFA in some way, but he had no choise than to stay quiet.

They conducted their little experiment, revealing that erasing Midoriya's quirk didn't help much, but it had an effect on the illness to some extent.
"We won't be able to heal him using your quirk, but it's good to know that his condition can be managed by it" cocluded the nurse.
Toshinori sighed in relief. Aizawa still knows nothing about his most delicate secret.

Izuku stayed in the infirmary during the entire school day, getting treated by Recovery girl. He woke up a couple of times, sneezing and coughing (of course), and each time his fever was lower.
At the end of the day, when Aizawa came with Uraraka to pick the kid up, Izuku was awake and even seemed energized as if he was feeding off of Kaminari's electricity.

"Deku kun! How do you feel?" Uraraka's eyes sparked when she saw him in his lively mood. The greenette looked her in her deep chocolate eyes and pointed a shaky finger towards his throat.
"Your voice hasn't returned?" Aizawa asked, disclosing the situation to the girl. Izuku nodded, a wobbly smile on his face.
"You can take him to the dorms for the weekend, his fever got much better but he still needs a lot of bed rest. No walking needlessly" the nurse turned to Izuku, "and no lying about how sick you feel. I won't accept your games, playing with your health like that".

The three made their way to the dorms, Midoriya on his teacher's back while being lightened by Uraraka. The rocking motion, together with the medicine he was given before leaving the infirmary, made him fall asleep on the way. The only thing that prevented him from slipping off was the zero gravity he was affected by.
When Izuku woke up, he was in his bed and his room was completely dark. A glass of water and some medicine sat on his nightstand, accompanied with a note telling him to take the pills when he wakes and call someone if he needed something. His head was pounding, he felt feverish still, so he took the pills and flopped back into his pillow.

A knock on the door woke Izuku up. He tried speaking in response, but his hopes were in vail, his throat was burning and rather tight, and only a low croaking sound came out.
The teen slowly got out of bed and to his door, opening it to reveal a beaming Uraraka holding a cup of tea.
"Hey Deku kun! Wow, you slept until now? You must be a new man by now haha" she laughed. "Can I come in?"
Izuku moved aside and invited her to his dark and stuffy room. "So still no voice?" Ochako asked in disappointment. Izuku shook his head, dizziness creeping to him. His head was still pounding, and he realized he was already panting from the mere strain of standing. He crawled back to bed, the girl sitting in his chair.
"Here, drink this, it might help" she handed him the tea. Izuku glanced at the clock, trying to figure out if it was day or night at the moment. 11 PM, so she was up until now in hopes to talk to him?

"You know, everyone was worried about you, including me... um... We are having a movie marathon downstairs, I can help you down if you want to join..." she looked at her hands, playing with the fabric of her pajama shirt.
Izuku didn't really feel up to it, but he wanted to see Uraraka smile so he agreed, smiling and nodding his head.
Ochako tapped his shoulder, and he leaned on her when they walked together. Even though he was practically weightless, Izuku's body felt heavy and sore. When she sat him on the couch between his other classmates, he was panting and wheezing. The entire room was spinning around him.

"Hey, Midoriya! How are you? We really missed you" said Ojiro from his left. "He still can't speak" Uraraka explained the lack of response.
Izuku shut his eyes, coughing harshly into his palm. Todoroki, who was sitting on the floor next to the couch, approached him. "Midoriya, are you sure you're okay enough to be up and about? You look very pale". An unknown hand came and pressed to his forehead.
"He has a fever, Uraraka. He should lay in bed and rest" Iida's voice was heard, a stern tone added to his usual speech.
"But he wanted to join us, being cooped up in his room all alone is depressing!" Uraraka whined.
Izuku opened his eyes, located Iida's hand and reached to it with his own. Iida turned to look at him, glancing at the wobbly smile of his friend. The greenette nodded, and leaned on the back of the couch. He's here to stay.

"I'm not pleased with how pale and sick you look one bit, Midoriya. Are you sure you don't want to go back to your room and rest? I can take you there if you would like-" Iida spoke, stopping when Izuku flashed his most amazing smile, waving his hand as to calm down his uptight friend.
Izuku was lying, of course, but every one believed him. It was easier to lie when you don't have to speak. So, even though he felt really bad, the boy sat with his friends in the common area to watch a movie. He ignored the nausea and did his best to stifle the coughs and sneezes that came suddenly.
To his right sat Uraraka, and she watched him closely, knowing the nature of her best friend (maybe a bit more than a friend, b-but no one has t-to know!!! They're just friends!). She passed him the tissue box from the table right off the bat, when his breath just started to hitch.

During the movie some of the teens fell asleep, including the greenette. He laid his head on Uraraka's legs, curled in the blanket his classmates covered him with when he shivered shortly after arriving there. When the movie ended, everyone woke up, yawning, except for one.
"Deku kun, wake up, let's get you back to bed" Ochako said softly, her hand on Deku's flushed cheek. Emerald eyes fluttered open slowly, and soon after came the itch to Izuku's sensitive nose.
"Haaa-ha...haaaaa" he pawed his nose, trying to convince the stubborn sneeze out without any success. He kept going, teary eyed, for a long time. Most of his classmates were on their way to their rooms already, just a few stayed behind, staring at him.

Katsuki woke up in the middle of the night, thirsty. He was on his way to the kitchen when he saw the commotion around the couch, and identified the familiar hitching noise.
"Move, extras" he growled, stomping towards Deku. "Use a tissue and stuck his damn nose in it, round face".
"Huh?" Shouto asked. "Just f*cking do it! This dumbass can't even sneeze without help" Katsuki handed the tissue box to the girl. Ochako decided to trust him, and did as Bakugo said. And it worked.
"Haa choo! Chooo! Hachoo!" Izuku's chain of sneezes made his head and body jerk, curling him more around himself on Uraraka's lap, making his head hurt and his tears to stream.

"How did you know?" Todoroki wondered. "I just know, he's always been like this. Gross nerd" katsuki replied and went to the kitchen.
Izuku was sniffling pathetically when Iida grabbed him, lifting him in his hands and walking upstairs. The sick kid tried to protest, but the sneezes prevented him from doing much.
"Haa choo! Hachoo! Choo!!" Izuku sneezed into the crease of his elbow in the absence of a better way to avoid spreading snot all over Iida's face. He was in his bed in a couple of minutes, wishing to disappear into the pillow from embarrassment.