How do you keep someone alive?

"I- I'm scared".
Aizawa will remember that phone call for the rest of his life. Hearing Bakugo saying he is scared was like getting a punch in the stomach.

It took him no longer than 10 minutes to arrive. He found 3 teens in problem child's room- Todoroki, Bakugo, and Midoriya obviously. "Talk to me".
"I don't know, he just... He just passed out... And his fever..." the blonde was hyper ventilating. "Calm down, kid. Breathe slowly and then speak" the teacher put his hand on Bakugo's shoulder in a comforting gesture.
"Ahh... I came here to see if f*cking Deku needed something and he looked like shit, he had to puke so I took him to the washroom and back here. His fever felt really f*cking high so I went searching for medicine or shit but when I came back he was coughing and choking, and then he passed out... F*ck!" Katsuki was speaking so fast, Midoriya style.
"I came here right after that, and have been pressing ice to his neck and face ever since" Shouto added.

"Okay... Did you give him the medicine than?" Aizawa tried to grasp the full picture. "Of course not, he was choking for f*ck's sake!" Katsuki snapped.
The homeroom teacher knew he needed help, but who can he call? It's the middle of the night on a weekend...
"The apprentice!". Aizawa pulled his phone and searched for the young nurse's number.
"Hey, it's Aizawa, the kid is in really bad shape. Todoroki, measure his temp for me! He passed out... We will wait here for you" he was impatient, eager to treat the trouble maker.

"41.2 c, sensei" Shouto spoke, almost whispering. He was terrified by his best friend's state. Two sets of eyes shot to him, and then to the shivering body of Midoriya.
"What happened since we brought him back from Recovery girl?" Aizawa figured it was something the kid did. "He slept for a few hours, and then Uraraka brought him down to sit on the couch with us... But he fell asleep so Iida took him back here" Shouto uncovered the story to his teacher.
'That problem child, Recovery girl told him not to play around...' the teacher pinched the bridge of his nose. He will definitely need to speak to Uraraka about this.

"Sensei, what do we do now?" Shouto brought his teacher back to reality.
"Now we keep his fever as low as possible until help arrives" replied Aizawa, grabbing the dry towel from the desk and the bowl of water.
"I'll go change the water, you two- keep him alive".
Shouto glanced at Midoriya. The short boy was shivering in his hands, his eyes closed, wheezing slowly. How do you 'keep someone alive?'
"Keep pressing ice to him to lower the fever" Bakugo instructed. "Yeah".

Aizawa expected to find a fight in the room when he comes back, but instead he saw the two teens, still where he left them. Todoroki still held Midoriya and Bakugo stood by the door, his phone in his hand. It seemed the concern for Midoriya was overwhelming enough to silence them.
Waiting for the nurse was nerve wracking. They were all tensed, glancing toward each other, and toward the trembling green. Every now and then Midoriya will groan or cough, making Bakugo flinch.
Aizawa saw how scared Bakugo was, it was unbelievable to imagine the kid who laughed in the face of his kidnappers from the League being afraid, and for his rival's life no less!

Everyone breathed more easily when the nurse arrived. Well, everyone except for Izuku, who struggled to breathe from the start.
"The boys can leave, I would like only Earaser to stay here please" she said politely. "No f*cking way, I'm staying right here" Katsuki declared. "Me too" Shouto added.
"You will do what she says, and wait outside the room until I call you. That's an order" the teacher spoke, a firm tone to his speech. It took sometime, but at last the blonde and the red head walked out the door.
"Please, take care of him" Aizawa pleaded, his tired eyes glued to the shaking kid. "Earaser, I think his flu developed complications. He has fluid in his lungs, it's pneumonia. He will need constant supervision for the next couple of days, and to bed rest for at least another week. Do you think you can handle it?"

Aizawa understood what the nurse had implied- he can't keep his students safe. "Who do you think I am?" Aizawa tried to stay calm, but anger bubbled in his words.
"I think you have a sick student, and for 3 days of treatment his condition got worse. I think you don't keep an eye on him. Am I wrong?" she faced him.
She was right, he gave the kid too much freedom. If it was anyone else, he could leave them in their room and come back the next day to see they stayed in bed and rested, but not problem child. He got his nickname for a reason.
"And what do you suggest instead, huh?" Shouta could not totally back off. "Another teacher, maybe? Or send him home for his parents to take care of him?"

It then dawned on him. Midoriya has only his mother, his father was not around for his entire life (according to Bakugo). He was probably like that as a little kid as well, lying so that his mother could still go to work even if he was sick. He's not used to being taken care of.
"His mother won't do, I will ask for another teacher's help, we will watch him constantly. Now, what do we need to do?"
A great thing about Aizawa, what makes him a truly wonderful hero, is the way he can put his emotions aside when a task is in front of him. He will be angry at the boy later, now he has work to do.
The nurse gave him all of the instructions, and promised to come again with the needed medicine from the infirmary. She stepped outside, glancing at the two heros-in-training standing by the door. "Don't let him fool around" she said before leaving.

Katsuki searched for Deku, his eyes landing on the coughing boy. "What did she say?" Todoroki asked in the background, but Katsuki couldn't hear the response from his teacher. He approached his childhood frient, laying a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry Deku, we are here".
Shouto, on the other hand, listened carefully to his teacher's instructions, nodding. He will help get Midoriya back to good health.