Mess

It was Sunday morning, and Izuku opened his eyes to see his room empty. He sat in bed, coughing. Around him he saw a mess of cups, bowls, crumpled tissues and medicine packages.
'I need to clean this mess' he thought, lifting himself out of bed on wobbly legs. The entire room spun around, making him very nauseous. Between the blur of colors he noticed something quickly getting toward him from the direction of the door, and Todoroki's voice reached his ears.

"Midoriya! What are you doing out of bed?" Shouto exclaimed, concern in his voice. Izuku coughed "m-mess". "Zip it, dumbass. I'll clean here" he heard Kacchan as well.
A hand was pressed to his forehead (it became a habit of everyone already). He was then shoved back to bed (another habit) and a wet towel was placed on his forehead and eyes. The cool towel was soothing against his warm skin.
"Stay in bed, Midoriya. You are still sick" Todoroki's hand squeezed Izuku's shoulder a little painfully. "Mhm" he replied, fighting to keep his eyes opened despite the nausea and dizziness. "Go to sleep you shitty nerd, you look tired as f*ck".

The day had passed pretty much the same. Every now and then Izuku would wake up nauseated and feverish, hear one of his friends talking to him, trying to convince him to go back to sleep.
The only exception was late in the evening. Izuku felt someone shaking him, and woke up to see Iida.
"Midoriya, you need to eat and take your medicine. How is the pain in your chest?" Iida didn't waste a moment. "Not hungry..." he heard his own raspy voice, slurring. His eyes felt heavy, closing slowly.
"Stay focused Midoriya! Do you need a pain killer?" Iida had no patience at all. "Come on Iida, be more gentle with him! Here, let me. Deku kun, wake up please" Uraraka's voice was so nice compared to every one else's. A small hand moved across his cheek, cool to the touch.

"Deku kun, are you in pain? You should eat something and take your medicine, it will help. Open your eyes" Ochako cooed. She knew Deku didn't eat all day, and didn't even take his anti inflamatory treatment.
Izuku's eyes flattered open, meeting with hers. Ochako's heart skipped a beat. "H-how do you feel, Deku kun?" the girl asked, stuttering. "Nausea..." Izuku's response was sleepy, his voice sickly. That same heart of Ochako broke to hear the pain in his tone.
"You must eat, it might help with the nausea. Here, let me help you sit, it won't take long before you'll be back asleep" she tried her best to convince him to eat.

Ochako fed Deku slowly, encouraging him to take each bite. It took a lot of time until she agreed he ate enough to take his medicine, this entire time Iida glanced at her from the corner of the room.
When Deku fell asleep again it was almost 9 PM. "You are too gentle with him" said Iida, his stern voice low in order to not wake their sleeping friend.
"You think? I feel really sorry for him... He pushed himself too much and I feel responsible. You know what? I think you're not gentle enough. Why are you so-"
"I can't stand it! He's reckless and I hate it, it hurts to see him so sick!" Iida cut in. He had tears in his eyes. Ochako had never seen him so hurt. The girl hugged the boy, letting him sob in her embrace.

Izuku woke up Monday morning feeling better. He was not nauseated, and he felt like his fever had gone significally lower. He heard his friends getting ready for school from the hall outside his door.
Izuku got up and out of bed, swaying a little, and started his journey toward the washroom.
"Yo, Midoriya! How are you man?" Kirishima was the first one to notice him, waving happily. "Good morning Kirishima" the greenette said with a bright smile. "Are you okay to walk alone?" Kaminari asked, rushing to give Izuku a hand when he swayed again, almost tripping on his own feet.

Izuku chuckled, debating wether or not to lie. He wanted to say he felt just fine, but figured he might still sound sick with this congested nose. He noticed he was panting and holding his hand to his aching chest.
"I think he's passing out, Kiri come help me, he's heavy" the sick boy heard Kaminari's voice, but he couldn't see him through the black spot in his vision. It was really hard to breathe now, and he definitely couldn't speak. Izuku wanted to say he was fine, but his classmates already knew that he wasn't.

"Move" he heard a familiar voice. Strong arms wrapped around him, Kacchan's arms. "Oi Deku, you awake?" Kacchan asked. Izuku hummed through another labored breathe. "Why did you get out of your f*cking bed?"
Izuku wanted to answer the question, but instead he started coughing. The coughs were wet and harsh. He felt himself being lifted off the floor, and soon he was in bed again, still coughing.
"Your fever might be lower, but you're still sick, dumbass". Katsuki stayed by Deku's bed until his coughs subsided. "Washroom, I need to-" Deku mumbled, a loud sneeze cutting his speech. He didn't want to explain his purpose any further, and he hoped Kacchan will understand. But Kacchan ignored him.

"Stay. In. Bed" said the blonde. "I have school, so you will have to wait until the evening for me. I'll come after class to do homework here and you won't be alone. Oi, shitty nerd are you even listening?".
Izuku tried to speak again. "Kacchan, I need to go". Katsuki got irritated, shouting angrily "where the f*ck do you need to go Deku?!". Izuku gulped, whispering "pee... I need to pee".
"Huh? Ehhh..." Katsuki was confused. Deku needed to go, but he needed help with that... Ehhhh?!

"What did you do since you got sick? How did you... go?" Katsuki asked, embarrassed.
"I-I managed most of the time, and once I received help from All Might... Kacchan, please, I really need to go, let me go" the nerd's voice was all raspy and gritty, and didn't suit him at all. The low tone it had sounded too mature enveloping Deku's words. "Ahh... Okay, okay! F*ck why do you always make everything so difficult?!"
"Just let me out of bed, I'll manage by myself" Izuku croaked. "Like hell you will, you can't even stand straight! F*ck, Deku, f*ck f*ck f*ck!" Katsuki grabbed his childhood friend, hoisting him out of bed. He dragged the nerd, who was stumbling behind him, moaning.

"Finish it quickly, I'm gonna be late" the blonde called for him, making the greenette even more embarrassed and aware of the awkwardness in this kind of... situation.
Izuku was relieved when he reached back to bed. He promised to stay rested, and Kacchan left.
Now Izuku was all alone.