Chapter 9

"Yah! Lalisa! stop pestering me! I told you we can't go over the speed limit!" her manager shouted.

That's how the day started. Yep, Lalisa overslept...again. She was supposed to meet Irene at 10am to check out the house in UN Village in Hannam-dong. Lisa woke up at 10:30am.

"Oppa! I'm late! is there another way?" Lisa asked in panic. "Yes there is, try waking up early!" her manager savagely replied. "Aish! I am so dead right now." Lisa said as she slumped to her seat. "Yes, yes you are." Her manager replied with a chuckle. After a while, Lisa's phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Lalisa."

That alone made Lisa sweat buckets and her face started to get pale.

"Hyun..."

"Where the f--"

"I'm so sorry Hyun! I didn't hear the alarm and woke up late!" Lisa said using aegyo to try and calm down the fuming bunny. Lisa's manager can only cringe.

"Whatever, just make sure you arrive safely, we'll talk about this later." Irene replied then hung up.

"Oooff, someone's definitely sleeping on the couch tonight."

"Oppaa! What should I do? help me!"

"Can't help you there kid, we all know how scary your wife is, don't drag us into your mess."

"Aish."

Lisa then looks straight at the camera and asked the camera man and said: "PD-nimm help me!"

"Uhh, you can try giving her flowers? or tteokbokki?" the camera man suggested.

"Yes! we can try that!" Lisa clapped her hands, Lisa was about to ask to the manager to find a flower shop and a tteokbokki place when her manager said: "Remember, we have to be there now, we're already late, do you really want to make her wait more?"

"No."

"Then, I suggest we go there, accompany her to the house and then you can take her on a date as an apology."

"Yeah, that sounds about right." The camera man agreed.

"Okay, okay, I'll just take her out on a date after this."

A few minutes later, they arrived at the location and Lisa immediately went to Irene who was sitting beside her manager, Lisa could tell Irene was pissed so she immediately knelt in front of her and apologized. Irene was surprised but kept a stoic face.

"Hyun... I'm so sorry, I swear this won't happen again!" Lisa said as she knelt. Irene was a bit amused and embarrassed since Lisa was kneeling in front of her. "It's okay Lisa, I'll let it slide this time, just make sure this won't happen again or else..." Irene warned as she helped Lisa to her feet. "Let's go, the real estate agent is already here to give us a house tour."

"Okay Hyun."

The house tour was over but unfortunately, it was not to Lisa and Irene's liking. They politely asked the staff as well as the real estate agent if they can find the house themselves and they agreed.

When they were alone, Lisa asked: "Hyun, are you free later?" Irene checked her phone first before answering: "Uhhh, yeah I'm free, why?"

"Well, I wanna take you out on a date, you know, to make up for being late earlier."

"You don't have to do that Lisa, I told you it's okay." Irene replied.

"No, I want to, I want to let you know that I'm serious about this, I don't want to disappoint my wife anymore than I did today." Lisa replied.

Irene can only blush at Lisa's statement. "Okay," she replied shyly. "But, we need to go home first, you know to change clothes and prepare." Irene added. "Sure, I'll pick you up at around 8pm, is that okay?" Lisa asked. "Okay, but don't be late Lisa." Irene warned. "Yes Hyun, I promise!" Lisa said as she raised her right hand. Irene just chuckled and kissed Lisa's cheek. "You're so cute, do you know that?"

"Hyuuun!!" Lisa whined with blushing cheeks that made Irene laugh  

After the both of them went their separate ways, Lisa then made a call to someone.

"Hello?"

"Hello Andrew, it's Lisa."

"Lisa! I'm surprised you called, how can I help you?"

"Hi! Uh, I just wanna know if I can make a reservation for the emperor restaurant for today?"

"Of course! You are an exclusive member after all, but may I ask why?"

"Well, I wanna take my wife, Irene on a date."

"Ohh, I see."

"Yeah."

"Hey, I make you a better one! how about, a night in the pool villa with a provate dinner with one of our michelin star chefs."

"We can do that?"

"For you Lisa, we can do anything."

"Aww, thanks Andrew! Yes, We'll go with that one!"

"Got it! well, gotta go and make this date happen, see you later Lisa!"

"See you!"

Lisa then made a call to Irene

"Hello?"

"Hello Hyun! Look, there's a sight change regarding our date tonight."

"What is it?" Irene replied.

"I want you to wear something fancy tonight."

"What? why?"

"It's  a surprise."

"Lalisa..."

"Trust me Hyun."

"Hmmm...okay."

"I'll see you later Hyun." Lisa said as she ended the call.

Lisa with Andrew Oh 

Paradise City Pool Villa