Chapter 1

It was a lazy day at the Blackpink dorm. The girls were lounging  on the couch waiting for the pizza they ordered when the doorbell rang.

"Yah Lisa, go and check who's at the door, it might be the pizza guy." Jisoo said. "Why me though?" asked Lisa. "Maknae duties." Jisoo replied and the two other members chuckled. "Aish, be thankful I love all of you." Lisa complained then went to the door.

When she opened the door, and unknown man was standing in front of the door. This is not the pizza man, who could this be? Lisa mused. The unknown man then handed Lisa a letter and left immediately. Although confused, Lisa just shrugged her shoulders and went back to the living room.

"Unnie, it wasn't the pizza man." Lisa said. "Who was it?" asked Jisoo. "I don't know, he gave me a letter though." Lisa answered.

"What is it?"

"I don't know, but the logo on the outside shows it's from MBC."

The four girls immediately gathered together to check the letter. "Maybe it's an invitation for one of their programs." Jennie said. "So who's gonna read the letter?" Rose asked. "Lisa, since she's the one who received it." Jisoo said. Lisa just rolled her eyes and opened the letter. "To Ms. Lalisa Manoban." Lisa read making her scrunch her eyebrows. Huh? This letter is just for me? Lisa thought before reading the letter again. 

"Congratulations! you have been selected as one of the participants in the new season of We Got Married. On March 28, 2021, please go to Lotte World Adventure to meet your virtual wife at exactly 10am. We look forward to meeting you and see you journey with your wife. MBC." 

Lisa finished reading the letter. "Huh, so does that mean that I'm the "man" in this relationship?" Lisa wondered.

"Probably, the letter says you'll meet you wife so most likely you're the husband." Jennie answered.

"But why?"

"C'mon Lisa, it's because you give off this "oppa" vibe that attract all genders." Jisoo said.

"Just because I'm a lesbian doesn't mean that I like to be an oppa, I like girly things and want to be spoiled you know." Lisa said mindlessly. When Lisa  looked at her members, they had their eyes wide open and jaws hanging. "Y- you're gay?" Jennie asked.

Lisa just face palmed herself. This is not the coming out party I wanted. Lisa thought.

On the other part of the city, the five girls of Red Velvet were also chilling on their respective rooms. One of them, Seulgi went downstairs to drink water when she heard the doorbell ring. Upon opening the door, an unknown man handed her a letter. Weird, what could this be? Seulgi thought. She then noticed the MBC logo at the back so she decided to call everyone's attention. "Everyone! We got a letter from MBC, please come down!"

One by one, four other girls came down the stairs and went to the living room. "Unnie, what's the letter all about?" Yeri asked. "I have no idea." Seulgi said while opening the letter. "To Irene Bae." Seulgi read. "Oh, it's for you unnie, you go and read it." Seulgi said as she handed the letter to their leader.

"To Irene Bae, congratulations! You have been selected as one of the participants in the new season of We Got Married" Irene read. "Huh? why me? Irene asked. "Probably because you're old....bwahahaha." Yeri said as she burst into laughter which led to the other girls laughing as well. "Yah! I'm not that old!" Irene said as she slapped Yeri's arm. "Yes unnie, but you can't deny that you are at the right age to get married." Wendy reasoned which made Irene pout and nod her head in agreement. Irene then continued to read the letter. "On March 28, 2021, please go to Lotte World Adventure to meet you virtual husband at exactly 10am. We look forward to meeting you and to the journey you and your husband will go through during the show. MBC" Irene finished reading.

"Interesting, who could possibly be your virtual husband unnie?" Seulgi asked. "I have no idea, most likely an idol from the Big 3?" Irene said, unsure. "Unnie, what if it's not a man that's going to be your husband?" Joy asked. The other four girls looked at her in disbelief. "What? this is a new season after more than two years of hiatus, maybe they changed the format, you do know that Korea is now open to same-sex marriage right?" Joy said and they all nodded their heads. "Are you okay with same-sex marriage unnie?" Yeri asked.

"Why not? Love is love, it has no gender, I have my girl crushes too you know, so I have no problem with that." Irene said. "Does that mean you're gay unnie?" Seulgi asked wide-eyed. 

"Yeah."

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"You never asked."

"Then, who are your crushes unnie?" Wendy asked.

"Let's see, I used to have this big crush on Lee Hyori sunbaenim, Uhm Jung Hwa sunbaenim and..."

"And?" the four girls asked.

"sksskjdsdls" Irene whispered.

"We can't hear you unnie."

"Lisa"

"Huh?"

"Lisa Manoban from Blackpink" Irene said while blushing.

"Ohhh." The four other girls collectively said. "Why are you blushing unnie?" Seulgi asked, ready to tease their leader. "Because I know that we are friends with them. If this gets out, I know that y'all will tease me non-stop." Irene reasoned.

"What if she's your virtual husband unnie?" Yeri asked, smirking. "Then I'm screwed." Irene answered as she covered her face to hide her blushing face while her members are laughing at her.

"But I think it's not possible." Wendy said which made Irene's shoulder sag. She secretly wished it was Lisa. "Why do you think it's impossible?" Joy asked. "Because Blackpink, especially Lisa, rarely go to variety shows, the last one they participated in was Running Man and it was on 2020." Wendy answered.

"If I was MBC, I'd invite Lisa." Seulgi said. "Why unnie?" Joy asked. "Because she's the most followed K-pop idol today? Over 50 million followers on IG and a muse for all high-end brands. If they invite her and if she participates, Korean media would lose their minds, everyone wants a piece of Lalisa Manoban. Plus, she has this "oppa" vibe and she remains humble despite the success of Blackpink and her fame." Seulgi answered.

"Imagine unnie, if you and Lisa are on the same show." Yeri said. "That would be major news!"

"Why?"

Because you're Korea's Original Visual duh" Joy sassily said.

"Yah!"

"Yes, unnie, Lisa is the Royal Maknae, you are the Original Visual, with your fan bases combined, you'll be a power couple. Imagine the ratings MBC will get if that happens."

"She's right." And they all just nodded.

"Let's not get our hopes up her, there is still a possibility that I'll be paired with a male idol, we'll only know when the production starts." Irene said. But I do hope it's Lisa. She thought.

"You're right unnie, since it's still a week from now, how about we treat this week as your last week of being single and just enjoy it. Once the show starts, most of your time will be with your virtual husband. So let's enjoy this week!" Joy said.

"I agree so, how about movie marathons? Wendy asked.

"Agreed!"

"Chicken and Soju?"

"Yes!"

"No chicken for me!"

"Aish, fine, tteokbokki for you then."

"Yes!"

Both groups enjoyed the whole week, relaxing, doing movie marathons. By nighttime, two people lied on the bed with the same exact question on their minds.

"Who could be my husband/wife?"