A

"I swear, how do you do it, Gaara? I'm a grown ass woman yet I still have my father bossing me around and I'm technically a Konaha citizen." Temari was in Gaara's room ranting.

"Wait, how long have you been from the future?" Gaara asked.

"The day after my date with Shikamaru. I guess spending the day with him jogged my memory."

"What, but we spent three days there. Why didn't you tell us?"

"I didn't want Shikamaru to know. It's true what they say. After you're married, the man stops trying. Shikamaru stopped trying and I just wanted him to try again. It was nice watching him be so kind and trying so hard to win my heart."

"I'm grateful Lee and I were never that way."

"So what are you working on?" Gaara was lying in bed with a map on a clipboard and he was writing on it.

"Narrowing down the places Kabuto could be."

   "Are you having any luck?"

   "No."

"Gaaaarrraaaaa!" Rasa kicked open Gaara's door dragging Kankuro behind him. "Oh, cool, Temari, you're here too."

   "What do you want, Father?" Gaara gave him a calculating look that looked pretty scary.

   "Yikes. I just wanted some family time." Rasa Said.

   "Since when have I been included in the family?" Gaara asked.

   "I'll admit, I haven't been a good father to any of you guys, especially you, Gaara. I deeply regret that, but when it comes to my treatment towards Gaara, as a Kage, I had to do what was best for my village." Rasa stated.

   "And you believe killing me was the best option. I suppose I can understand how you may think that. I didn't have control over Shukaku which made it easy to be manipulated, but that doesn't mean you made the correct decision.

   "I know for a fact that if the Fourth Hokage was alive and Naruto were in the position I was, the Fourth Hokage would have figured another way. He wouldn't have tried to murder his son, but I also know Naruto. He is willing to forgive anyone, and I wish to be more like him. He forgave me even after all the things I did, so I can forgive you. Now, let's go spend some family time." Gaara gave a speech and walked out of his room.

Kankuro whistled in amazement.

"He would make an excellent Kazekage." Rasa stated.

"You have no idea." Temari followed Gaara.

———

   "One word." Temari stated while looking at Gaara.

   He used his sand to form Ino's hair and started acting hopelessly in love. He even put hearts over his eyes.

   "Ino?" Temari asked.

   Gaara smiled and nodded. He then made his hair look like Sakura's and did the same thing he did to act like Ino.

   "Sakura?" Temari asked.

   Gaara smiled and nodded. He motioned for her to keep going but she was at a total loss. He stopped and started to think. He then looked at Temari and noticed her fan that she always keeps with her. He used his sand to make a copy of it.

"Fans!" Temari finally understood what Gaara was trying to get out.

"Yes!" Gaara smiled thankful his sister was able to finally guess the word.

"I don't think it's fair that Gaara gets to use his sand." Kankuro pouted.

"Why not? Father uses his sand. You're just grumpy that I'm a better guesser than you." Temari stated.

"No way. I'm way better than you." Kankuro huffed.

"Tell that to the score." Temari smirked.

"Dad's the one who can't act out to save his life." Kankuro said.

"Kankuro..." Rasa had a heartbroken expression on his face.

"Hear that, Gaara? They've turned on each other. They're doomed now." Temari put an arm around Gaara and leaned on him.

Gaara winced in pain and placed his hand on his temple. He silently walked off towards his room.

"What's wrong with him?" Kankuro asked.

"Probably a headache. I'll check on him." Temari followed Gaara.

Temari opened Gaara's door and walked in moments after he shut it. He looked up at her and made his sand lock the door. His head seemed to stop hurting, but he had a serious grim look on his face. His eyes seemed far off and distant though. She recognized this face. It looked like when Naruto was talking to Kurama.

A few minutes later

"What did Shukaku want?" Temari asked.

"Nothing. It was Naruto who wanted to talk." Gaara answered.

"You guys can do that?"

"Because Shukaku and Kurama are tailed beasts, they can communicate to each other psychically. They were kind enough to allow Naruto and I talk to each other using it."

"Does it usually hurt? When you walked away you looked like you had a major headache."

"Do you recall how loud Naruto can be once he's panicked or rushed? Imagine that loud voice appearing in your head out of nowhere."

"I guess that would make anyone's head hurt. Anyway, what did Naruto want to talk about?"

"Karin Uzumaki has gone missing. We don't know the details and we're not sure who took her. It's a high possibility it was Kabuto, but her old village could've found out she faked her death. We won't know for sure until the search team locates her."

"Search team?"

"Hinata and her team along with Naruto is searching for her. He begged to be on the team and somehow managed to convince Tsunade to let him go."

Just before Karin went missing

Karin skipped through the forest daydreaming about Sasuke. She was a bit away from the Hidden Leaf village. She was approximately three hours away from the village top speed, so she was still fairly close.

   As you may recall, Sasuke told her to go searching for Kabuto, so she did. Maybe a few days later, but she still eventually followed Sasuke's orders. She knew Kabuto pretty well, so she figured out he was more than likely hiding in one of Orochimaru's old hideouts. Since it was closest, she decided she should check it out just in case Kabuto was there even though she doubted he was.

   Once inside the hideout, she quickly found out it was inhabited by someone. The chakra definitely felt evil, but it didn't feel like Kabuto's. It did seem slightly familiar. Like she's sensed this chakra before, but she couldn't place it. Didn't matter though. The chakra was weak. Whoever it was, wasn't strong. She could more than likely take them on no problem. Except it was Kabuto.

   "What- why- how did you- it's not possible. You shouldn't be able to mask yourself like that. I couldn't tell it was you." Karin's eyes were wide with fear.

   "You'd be surprised at what I was able to learn these past few months. I've spent all my time dedicated to perfecting this jutsu. Since you were able to find me, I guess I haven't perfected it yet. That's ok. It shouldn't be long now." Kabuto stated.

   "You're planning on infiltrating Konaha. I have to warn Sasuke." Karin realized. She attempted to run away knowing she couldn't face Kabuto in a fight.

   "Oh, I don't think so. You're far more useful to me if you're with me. You can tell me whether or not I've perfected my jutsu or not. It's very hard to tell when I can't sense chakra as well as you can." Kabuto knocked her out.

———

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Have a wonderful day!