Chapter 5

Sam's POV:

I let Jessie connect her phone to the car so she could play whatever music she wanted. Luckily, Jessie had good music taste so I wasn't complaining.

After Jessie played Welcome To The Black Parade and Paradise City I gave her a band recommendation.

While I was still driving I handed Jessie my phone. "The password is 290417, unlock it and go onto my Spotify and find the playlist called The Hara. Either share it to yourself or connect my phone to the car. Bu press the song called FYI". Jessie followed my instructions as I said them and she shared the playlist to herself before playing the song.

FYI starts playing and I can see Jessie moving to the song.

5 songs later one of my favourites comes on. "Ooh yes". While driving I act out the guitar solo in the beginning. I look to see Jessie recording me while smiling so to surprise her I carry on with my air guitar solo but I press my foot down on the accelerator making her squeal and fall back into the seat while still recording. "Animals never play fair". I sing while laughing at Jessie.

Another 5 songs later the last song comes on which is perfect timing as we're not far from the parking area of our destination.

So far Jessie has liked all of the songs that have played and she's sang along to the parts she figured out such as the choruses.

The last song was Afterlife and when it started playing we both were swaying. We arrived at the parking lot and I started singing the last part of the song.

"I'm the arsonist and the forest fire... And I might suffocate but at least I tried... Help me. I'm running my mouth in search of solid ground. I've been building things up I need to tear them down... Help me I'm running my mouth in search of solid ground. I've been building things up I need to tear them down. I wanna give up the ghost. Stand here exposed. Colour outside the lines. Yeah... Light up my afterlife... Light up my afterlife... Light up my afterlife".

The song finished and I look to see Jessie looking at me shocked.

"What"?

"Nothing. Just that was amazing, you're a really good singer".

"Thanks". I smile softly at her.

I watch Jessie glance at my lips then back to my eyes. "That song means a lot to you doesn't it"? I sigh and nod my head slowly.

"Yeah and I'm going to tell you about it all but first we have a little walk to do". Jessie nods and we get out of the car and I made sure it was locked before we set off on our journey.

We walked ten minutes up the big hill and once we got to the top we sat down on the dry grass and we looked at the view.

"Wow". I smiled at Jessie's response. "Yeah, it's why I love it". We both get our phones out and take a picture and I post mine to my Instagram.

 We both get our phones out and take a picture and I post mine to my Instagram