Chapter 17

"Hey". Jessie whispered in my ear as she stood behind me while I was making breakfast. I turned my head and smiled at her. "Hi, how did you sleep"? I turned around and wrapped my arms around her bringing her into me. Jessie wrapped her arms around me and rested her head on my chest. "I slept really good. I think that was the best sleep in weeks. Apart from waking up without you".

I kiss the top of her head. "I'm sorry Jess. I woke up and was hungry so I came to make breakfast". Jessie looked up and smiled at me and then she pecked my lips. Before she pulled away I deepened the kiss and moved my right hand to her jaw and lowered my other to her waist. She smiled into the kiss also making me smile. We slowly pulled away and was still smiling at each other.

Jessie then helped me with making breakfast for the four of us and she then also helped me by setting up the table. "I'll go wake those two up while you serve up breakfast"? I nod and kiss Jessie before she walks away.

"Hey, can we try something"? Jamie asks. (AN: Text like this is them communicating in their head)

"Sure what"?

"If we swap now. How long do you think it would be until either of them notice"?

"Let's find out".

I relax our head and let Jamie take over.

Jamie's POV:

"Wait you did that just so you can kiss Jessie didn't you"? Sam asked.

"Partly, yes. But I am still curious".

"Ugh, can't believe I fell for that".

I served up the breakfast and placed everything on the table. Then I put all of the pots in the dishwasher and set it going.

Jessie then walked in with Mal and Sam behind her.

We all sat at the table and started eating our breakfast. Jessie looked at me for a second and I just smiled at her. "Jay can you pass me the ketchup please". I looked at her in shock. "How did you know"? I said while passing her the ketchup. "Because I love you both. I can tell which of you is in control".

"Seriously though, how"? Jessie shrugged. "I don't know I just look at you and I feel it. I've been feeling a lot of new things recently".

"Like what"? Mal asks.

"I'm not sure exactly. I'll come with you to your checkup and your DID diagnosis and we can talk to Dr Shepherd about it". Jessie says looking at me.

Sam and I are both concerned since Jessie has been keeping something from us and she doesn't know what exactly and she's only just told us about it now.

We all continue eating our breakfast and the others talk about anything they can think of whereas I don't say anything the whole time.

Mal and Sam both agree to clean the kitchen and the remaining pots so I go into our bedroom and sit on the bed. Jessie follows after me and she sits on my lap. I don't move at all as Sam is practically begging me not to blow up and I don't move in fear of that happening so instead I just freeze.

"Jamie, please switch I can handle this. Please don't blow this for us". I look in Jessie's eyes and see fear and worry. I instantly relax and release a deep breath and I let Sam take back control just in case I do anything I will regret.

Sam's POV:

"Sam". Jessie says and I nod and look at her.

"I'm sorry okay. I'm sorry I didn't tell either of you but I wanted you to focus on getting better. I didn't think it was anything bad. I'm really sorry for hiding it from you both".