Chapter 28

"She'll be fine Sammy, She just needs some time to calm down. Maybe going out will help distract you from worrying too much as Jamie said". Alex placed her hand on my shoulder in support.

"Yeah maybe you're both right. I'll join you guys".

"Okay, I'll let everyone know". She says and gets her phone to message the girls while I think about Jessie.

"Come on then let's go down and meet them. First I need to take Charlie to Tobin and Christen's room since they're going to be looking after her while we're out". She says and I nod.

We make sure we have everything before we head down the corridor to Tobin and Christen's room.

Alex knocked on the door and Christen answered it. "Hey you two, hey Charlie".

"Chrissy! Toby"! Charlie cheered and Alex handed her to Christen.

"I don't know how long we're going to be. Maybe like an hour or two".

"It's fine, we'll probably just watch a film or something while Tobin does her exercises".

"Thank you for watching her".

"Lex you don't need to thank us. I can't overwork my knee anyway and besides we will always watch her if you need a break". Tobin says after slightly hobbling over to us.

"Now go out with the girls and have fun". Christen said. We said bye and headed down to the lobby where Kelley, Emily, Lindsey and Rose were waiting.

"Hey, are you ready"? Lindsey was the first to notice us.

"Yeah, we just dropped Charlie off with Tobs and Christen". Alex said while I stayed quiet.

"Let's get exploring". Kelley cheered.

We all headed out of the hotel and started wandering the streets. We went into a few shops and as the girls looked at what to buy I stood near the entrances unable to stop myself from worrying about Jessie.

"Sam? You okay"? I looked up to see Kelley in front of me.

"Yeah I'm fine, go back to shopping". Kelley looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"How stupid do you think I am? I'm not getting anything so come on".

"Where are we going"?

"Just outside". She said so I followed her outside where we sat on a bench.

"You've been quiet the whole time and you've been standing at the entrance of each shop. So what's up"?

I sighed looking down and explained what had happened before we had come out shopping. Kelley listened intently before wrapping her arm around me and pulling me into her. She didn't say anything but just held me which I was thankful for as that was what I needed and I was thankful she knew that.

Jamie's POV:

After hanging up with Sam I dropped my phone onto the bed and groaned rubbing my face.  "Now what do I do"? I whispered while looking out of the window.

There was a slight knock on the door before it opened and Janine walked in. "Is everything okay? I just saw Jeff storm out of the hotel".

I sighed before explaining to her what happened.

"I'm sorry you're all having a rough time being apart".

"Thanks, Janine. I don't know what to do. Do I go after Jessie or do I give her time"?

"It might be best to give her some time alone to think. If you want I can try talking to her first"? Janine suggests and I nod.

"That might be a good idea. She's known you longer and maybe you can help".