Chapter 30

"The quicker we finish practise the quicker we can spend time together, just the three of us". Jamie whispered.

"What are we waiting for then let's go". Jessie said running off and unlocking the door leaving me and Jamie to laugh at her.

"Well, we better join her before she kills us for wasting time together". They say and I nod.

This is going to hurt us all over again but I hope we can get through it.

We headed out of the conference room and headed onto the bus.

"Took you two long enough". Jessie said from a seat in the middle.

"Alright get up". Jessie got up and stood in the aisle while Jamie and I both sat down. Once we had, Jessie sat on my lap sideways with her legs on Jamie's lap. I wrapped my arms around Jessie and she nuzzled her head into my chest. Jamie rested their head on my shoulder and I wrapped my other arm around their waist.

Janine turned around in her seat in front of us and smiled before getting her phone out. I smiled as she took a picture.

"I'll send it to you".

"Thanks, Janine just don't-" "Don't post it. I know don't worry*.

"Thanks".

"No worries. They're asleep by the way". I look down and see Janine is right. Both my partners are asleep nuzzled into me making me smile brightly.

"Who knew the tough keeper could smile so big". Janine teases making me chuckle.

"Only for them".
...

I had to wake Jamie and Jessie up, which was surprisingly easy. We all got off the bus and got ready for training.

"Alright, so a change of plans for training. This morning's session is going to be a fun session and later is going to be a more serious session". Bev said and I slyly smiled at her.

"We're going to spend an hour training. I want you to get into two teams and we're going to play some games. I want Sam and Kelley to be on separate teams though".

We were all separated into two teams and I wasn't on the same team as Kelley but on the same team as Jessie.

All the goalkeepers decided to play half the game before switching out so we all had a chance in the net.

Kailen was in our goal for the first half and the score ended up being 2-1 for the other team.

"Let's go and win this". Jessie said making me chuckle.

"We got this". I said before jogging to the goal.

We kicked off the second half of this small game. It was different looking onto the pitch and seeing many faces of people I barely know.

A couple of minutes go by with no goals coming from either team. Jessie gets the ball and starts running up the pitch.

"Jess, fire it she's off her line". She does so immediately and scores past Erin.

"Thanks, babe"! She shouts running over to me and jumps into my arms making me chuckle.

"Were you two mind-communicating"? Janine asks us and we both looked away shyly.

"Cheaters"!

"There are no rules about communicating with teammates in your mind". I winked.

"Jess your partner is being mean". Janine said pouting.

We got ready and the other team kicked off the game.

A couple of minutes later Janine got a breakaway with the ball. I set myself up ready for the attack. In the corner of my eye, I could see Jordyn making a run into the box.