Chapter 24

"What"?

"So you're telling us that somehow Jamie has left your mind and become their own person in their own body". Mal said trying to understand.

"Yeah, I know how it sounds but that's what's happened. Or at least that's what we believe has happened". Jessie said.

"Are you all still connected with each other"? Sam asked.

"Yeah, Noah and Hollie did all the tests and we're all still connected. We can still feel each other's pain and communicate with our minds. So everything's normal". I said and watched Jamie yawn.

"You okay"? I asked.

"Yeah, just tired". They said and I nodded.

"That's understandable. You've been through a lot today. And we don't even know what else you're body has been through. Why not go and take a nap in our room"?

"Only if you two join me. I don't want to wake up without either of you by my side. Please sleep with me".

"I think we can do that for you. I think we deserve a nap after everything that's happened this morning". Jessie said and I nodded. "Yeah that's true, maybe a nap could be good".

The three of us went into our room and I shut the door behind me and then shut the curtains. I then turned to see Jamie already under the covers asleep.

"Well, I guess Jamie's sleeping in the middle". I said.

"Looks like it". Jessie said and chuckled.

"Okay, let's join them and get some sleep. We need it, it's been a long morning already". I say and she nods. I set the alarm for an hour from now and we both got under the covers on either side of Jamie holding them tight as we fell asleep.

An Hour Later:

My alarm sound wakes me up. I open my eyes and panic thinking it was all a dream until I see Jamie asleep next to me. I turn my alarm off hoping to not wake them up with it.

Jamie scrunch's their face up before opening their eyes. "Are you okay"? I nod. "Yeah, all good".

"Wow, you're a shittier liar in person". They said making me laugh.

"I was just worried it was all a dream and you weren't here". They smile sadly at me and grab my hand and place it over their heart. "Can you feel it"? They ask and I nod. "It's there and it's real. I'm right here and I'm real". I take a deep breath and nod. "Thank you".

"Of course". They smile and lean in and softly kiss my forehead making me smile.

"What time is it"? They ask so I look at my watch. "Umm, it's nearly eleven".

"Okay". They said and looked at Jessie whose head was nuzzled into their neck.

"Is she still asleep"?

I look at Jessie and nod. "Yeah, she's still asleep. Should we let her sleep for a bit longer"? I ask

"I don't know. She looks peaceful but I don't want her sleeping a bit longer to end up messing up her sleep tonight". They say and I agreed.

"Shall we wake them in the best way possible"? I asked.

"And what way is that"?

I smiled and leaned over kissing Jessie's cheek. Jamie got the hit and we both started kissing Jessie's face repeatedly until she woke up smiling. "Okay, I'm awake". Jessie said while chuckling.

Jamie and I looked at each other smirking and continued peppering Jessie's face with kisses.

"Okay, okay stop it". Jessie laughed.