Part 9: Frat Party

Getting ready to go out was easily the best part of going out. It was like prom, getting the dress and putting makeup on was better than the dance itself. Tonight was no different. Abby had learned from a frat guy she was hooking up with that the theme was aliens so Willa and her three other friends were in her and Abby's dorm room getting ready.

Willa wore high waisted black shorts and a borrowed a shiny purple crop top from Kate. Abby was on makeup duty. All the girls took turns in her chair for her to put fun eye shadow colors and glitter on their faces. Abby looked like a knockout, like she always did on nights they went out. Silver spandex booty shorts and matching silver bra complete with silver makeup and jewelry would make any frat guy pay attention.

When everyone was ready they met the guys at the front of the dorm building. Then the seven of them started walking to fraternity street. Since Abby had started hooking up with a brother, the guys could get into the parties with the girls. They had all taken a shot before leaving the dorm room, out of necessity. The walk was chilly and sometimes the line at the keg was long and Willa did not want to be completely sober when facing a frat party. It was a lot for the senses.

Once inside the house, they all went up the stairs to get a drink, linking hands to avoid getting separated. The music was so loud Willa could feel it in her bones and the house was already full of way too many people. Mostly drunk people screaming the lyrics to the rap song playing.

They all got a drink then headed to the dance floor, which was any open space in the middle of a room. Sweaty bodies pressed in from all sides but Willa's buzz was helping her ignore the hygiene aspect. She spotted a girl from one of her English courses and they both squealed and hugged, suddenly best friends even if they had only exchanged pleasantries before.

"WE AT THE HOTEL MOTEL HOLIDAY INN!" Everyone screamed, jumping up and down.

Willa tried to find Abby, Kate, and Lia, and spotted Abby making out with her hookup. She laughed and pointed out the pair to Lia, who had also found a guy to dance on, but they weren't making out yet.

"We have such sluts for friends!" Kate yelled in Willa's ear, giggling and swaying against Willa.

"I don't like that word!" Willa yelled back but giggled too. She made eye contact with a guy behind Kate, which was all the invitation he needed to make his way to her and get behind her. Usually Willa just accepted it and halfheartedly danced but she didn't feel like grinding on a stranger tonight. She moved to the other side of Kate, pretending she didn't see the guy who faded into the crowd, on the prowl for another drunk girl.

Willa wiped sweat off her upper lip, getting tired of jumping up and down as her buzz faded. She never wanted to drink too much at these things, she was small and it was easy to overdo it. "Do you want to get some air?" She yelled in Kate's ear.

"Um..." Kate looked over Willa's shoulder, having made eye contact with a cute boy. She looked back at Willa apologetically.

Willa waved it off, "have fun, babe!" It was all Kate needed. She would never ditch Willa without permission. But now Willa was by herself, well, not really, she was still pretty close to her friends, but they were all occupied at the moment and Willa could feel the sweat on other bodies as they swiped past her.

It was the vat running down her shoulder and arm that did it for her. Some drunk guy had gotten jostled in the crowd and tipped his cup. Unfortunately, Willa was under his arm and suffered the consequences. She cried out and jumped away from the guy who had no idea it even happened. She wiped it off with her hand and caught Kate's eye, pointing to the edge of the dance floor to tell her friend where she was going. Kate nodded in acknowledgement.