iv. meeting nina

CHAPTER FOUR
vol i — bloody fjerdans!

THE FOLLOWING MORNING, DINARA HAD gotten up early, so early that she could head the few birds that lived in Ketterdam through the window she had kept cracked open

THE FOLLOWING MORNING, DINARA HAD gotten up early, so early that she could head the few birds that lived in Ketterdam through the window she had kept cracked open. She had slipped on her outfit, large coat flying loosely around her waist, hat sat crooked on her head, as she walked down the streets, finding herself at the Crow Club. Dinara had placed herself at the bar, drinking her day away as she went over the days agenda ( aka stalking Kaz ). She wanted to know his plan, knowing that she would be left in the dark if she didn't find out, and that made her nervous. She sat sipping her drink, noticing the tanned-skin boy slipping onto the stool beside her, his own drink in hand. Dinara lifted her drink, tapping her glass against his own, before downing the rest of it, reaching over to refill it.

She turned her head, taking in the rustled appearance of Jesper. "You look like hell," Dinara said, raising her eyebrow at the boy.

"Thank you, my dearest companion. Why are you sitting here, drinking by yourself this early in the morning?" Jesper mumbled, clearly hungover, yet didn't care as he had a drink.

"I'm on a stake out, mister hungover," Dinara snarked. "You win big last night?"

"Did you just ask me that?" Dinara nodded her head as Jesper started to laugh. "When have I, Jesper Fahey, ever won anything? Don't answer that— it's rhetorical. I didn't win, in fact, I lost it all."

"What a sad day to be Jesper." Jesper nodded, enjoying the sympathy he is receiving. "Well I'm  looking for the big man."

"Why's that?" Jesper questioned, his head tilted to the side as he took a sip of his drink.

"Plan on following him around all day. Maybe go see Nina. I have no idea. The day awaits me," Dinara spoke. She had an evil grin stretched on her face, clearly enjoying her plan.

"That's a good plan. I'm stuck on door duty, but we all know I am going to gamble," Jesper said grimly, knowing that he was going to get yelled at when Kaz noticed.

"You go do that," Dinara said, patting Jesper on the shoulder. Jesper sent her a wink, slinking off to one of the empty tables, ready to gamble all of his money away. Dinara just shook her head and letting out a chuckle, going back to watching the club and drinking.

( ...⛓... )

SHE CATCHES THE BASTARD TRYING TO get out of the Crow Club without being noticed. She let him have a few minutes head-start, letting him collect his thoughts. She said goodbye to Jesper, sending a wink to the bartender, waiting a few moments before slinking into the shadows. Trying to find her Bastard of the Barrel was a lot harder than expected, seeing as he knew his way around Ketterdam better than anyone, always hiding in the shadows. Dinara had finally caught up to him, watching him from a distance as she tried to blend into the shadows, only to be noticed almost immediately.