xi. more importantly, sweets

CHAPTER ELEVEN
vol i — bloody fjerdans!

Dinara had slipped out the door, not wanting to get in between whatever Matthias and Kaz were getting into

Dinara had slipped out the door, not wanting to get in between whatever Matthias and Kaz were getting into. The tension between the two was a lot, Matthias was going to try something to get his pardon, Dinara knew it. She pushed all of those feelings out of her mind, hoping Kaz wouldn't be be killed by the big bad Fjerdan, she headed towards the shops. She was known regular in some of the fancier shops. The owners knew that she would come and scan each of the racks, trying to find the perfect dress, and like clockwork, the bastard of the barrel would show up a few days later. He would buy the same dress dinara's eyes stayed on a little longer. They found it adorable, the way he spoiled her, but they didn't know the whole reason why he did. Dinara's eyes scanned over each of the quant little shops, deciding on what she wanted to go into. She stopped a few times, her eyes traveling over a few of the dresses in the windows.

Sadly, they weren't exactly Fjerdan weather approved, so she had to move on. She continued her walk through the streets of Ketterdam, heading into one shop in particular. She was a known regular in one of the shops, buying either small trinkets or something more dangerous. Ivan, the man that owned it, loved her with his whole heart. He found dinara a sweet girl, no matter what she was buying, she treated him with nothing but kindness. Ivan reminded her of her father, making her heart grow warm. It grew warm in a slightly different way than it did around Kaz, and that confused her. She always shook of the feeling, not wanting to dive deeper into that black hole. She opened the door, the bells ringing as she walked into the store.

"Ivan!" Dinara shouted. Her fingers traced over the intricate designs of the shelves that lined the small shop. She glanced at every little trinket, having to stop herself from buying every one. "You around?"

A man emerged from the shadows, his small frame lighting up at the sight of the woman in front of him. "Dinara, darling! How have you been? Being treated well by that Kaz character?"

Dinara flushed that the last question. "I've been good, don't worry. Still alive, that's gotta be a positive." Ivan nodded his head. He knew the girl got into some sketchy things, it was known that she was apart of the Dregs, but that didn't stop him from worrying about the girl. "Maz, is well Kaz. I get a new dress after I do a job, I mean life can't get much better."

Ivan chuckled. "A ring on your finger would be a better way to live. I need a word with this Kaz. He needs some sense knocked into him, he needs someone to get him to realize the pros of settling."

"Nope. Don't even think about it," Dinara said, shaking her finger and at the small man. "We are not together, nor will we ever be."

"Do you smell that?" Ivan questioned. Dinara shook her head. "That's the smell of denial. You my dear girl, have feelings for him, wether you know it or not."