eighty four

"luke we aren't done talking!" ashton shouts, watching as luke stomps off to his bedroom and slams the door shut.

ashton sighs and turns to his boyfriends. "i don't know what to do anymore."

"control your anger, that's what you can do." calum says sternly.

ashton looks at calum, offended and in shock. he scoffs "me?! he's the one who just stomped off and slammed his door!"

"maybe because the way you're acting is making him upset. ever thought of that? this isn't the first time, ash." michael says, crossing his arms.

"how am i the bad guy here? he lied to us, and he's keeping things from us! we're his boyfriends, we should know these things." ashton shouts.

"lower your damn voice." michael says through gritted teeth. "he isn't lying, and he doesn't have to tell us everything. it's a trauma response. the last time he had to tell everything to his partner, he got hurt physically and mentally. so you need to watch what you say and do, before it ends worse."

ashton sighs and rubs his face. "i'm an idiot."

"not really, just, it takes time to adjust being in a relationship with someone who has been abused." calum says.

"i guess i should go talk to him." ashton says, turning to look at luke's bedroom door.

"just give him a minute, and give yourself a minute. don't beat yourself up too much." michael comforts, rubbing his hand on ashton's arm.

ashton sighs and turns to face michael. "i love you." michael smiles and kisses him. "i love you too."

// PREVIOUSLY, AT THE RESTAURANT  //

"he fucking what?"

at that moment, luke walks back in and hellfire unleashes. calum, michael, and kat watch in horror as luke's face pales as he's being yelled at, and they can all sense and see that luke is triggered. his face turns red and his eyes water as he looks confused and scared. he can't even get a word out because he is so terrified. he just went to the bathroom, and now he's being yelled at? since when did dayla not allow him to not go the bathroom anymore?

"ashton shut the fuck up! you're triggering him!" michael shouts, cutting off ashton's rampage.

ashton immediately becomes silent, however, his anger and confusion is still clouded in the room. he doesn't understand why he is hearing all of this now, especially from kat. he is one of luke's boyfriends, and he should know things like this. his boyfriend in in dept, and in trouble.

luke takes a deep breath and clenches his fists. "you know what? i'm done. i-i don't know what i did, but i'm not going to be yelled at for it. i'm done, i can't." he says, and storms out of the room.

ashton feels panic settle in his chest and stomach. what does he mean he's done? done with this relationship? done with him? oh god, is this a breakup? "luke wait!" he says, chasing after his boyfriend.

calum throws a hundred dollar bill and a twenty on the table. "c'mon, they need to be separated right now. i'll get ashton, you two can take care of luke."

kat and michael look for luke, panic filling them the longer it takes to find him. they look in the bathroom, ask employees but there is no sight of him. calum is arguing with ashton outside, and they both know that they all need to leave before a scene is caused. the last thing they need is paparazzi and TMZ to show up.