☾❙sixty four

tw : slight flashback , alcohol

"so.. i saw the twitter fiasco." kat says slowly.

luke winced and clenches his eyes shut. "please don't talk about it. please."

kat nods, completely understanding. dayla has always been a touchy subject, and she would never force him to talk about it until he is mentally prepared for that. of course she tries encouraging to talk about it, and sometimes she does hear an addition of the things dayla had said and done.

"i'm sorry, luke." kat says, placing her hand on his shoulder.

luke takes a deep breath. "she just... i just want her to go away."

kat doesn't say anything. she lets luke take his time to get his feelings out. whether that means talking, crying, or changing the subject. sometimes it becomes too much for him so he has to quickly change the subject.

"i want her to leave me alone." luke whispers. "why can't she leave me alone, kat? why does she hate me so much?" luke says, looking up at his best friend with tear filled eyes.

and kat's heart breaks. the damage dayla has put on luke will never go away. he has to live with the memories for the rest of his life.

"i-i don't know luke, i don't know." kat says, pulling luke into a hug.

and she can't help the few tears that flow down her cheeks when luke starts trembling. she can feel her shirt sleeve quickly becoming soaked with tears. she runs her fingers through his hair, gently tugging at his tangled curls.

she smiles when she remembers luke said he was going to grow out his hair. while dating dayla, he kept his hair short so there wouldn't be much for her to pull. now, his hair is curly and down to the bottom of his ears. not only did she love it, but luke did as well. it just felt like him. he felt like he could be luke for the first time in years.

she hates seeing luke so upset. he's just a fragile person, and one wrong word or move can cause him to crumble down.

her anger and hatred for dayla only grew even more when she saw the twitter fight. the lies and nonsense just made kat's blood boil. why is she suddenly back on his ass?

she hopes the bitch is far away from here. kat will not hesitate to kick her ass, or even kill her. she ruined luke. she ruined her best friend. she knows she can't kill the devil because of luke, but that does not stop the feeling of wanting to do it.

luke's sadness turned into anger. and his anger turned into rage. a burning rage that left him wanted to break everything around him.

he pulled out of kat's hug and raced to the kitchen. kat followed him, confused and worried. her worry only increased when she saw luke chugging a beer bottle down.

she quickly snatch it out of his hands and poured it down the sink.

"i know you're angry, but you are not going to drink your feelings away." kat said sternly.

luke scoffed and opened the fridge. he ignored his best friend, and popped open a can of beer.

"luke, i swear to god if you drink that." kat threatens.

luke just stares at her, and takes a long drink of the alcohol. he hummed in satisfaction as it burned his throat. he looked back at her, and swallowed the toxic drink with a grin on his face.

kat crosses her arms and glared at him. luke only did the same back, and cheered when he broke her. she snatched the can out from his hand, and chugged the rest down.