seventy five

going to a studio with his boyfriends sounded exciting. however, hearing that they had to write two songs because they have been lacking in their work made him feel bad. he feels like he hogs their attention and he doesn't want that. his boyfriends have a career, and they can't just throw it away.

the first time going to the studio also meant the first time interacting with paparazzi.

luke was already warned, but that didn't stop the anxiety that he felt. will the paparazzi somehow find out they're dating? or at least he's dating one of them? the boys haven't really came out, so maybe that wouldn't even be a thought. luke is seen as a friend, a new friend that is a fan. a new friend who happens to be their secret boyfriend.

when they pull up to the front of the building, luke's eyes widen at the sight of the paparazzi. there isn't a lot, at least five people on each side of the doors, but that doesn't mean anything. paparazzi are nosy and annoying. they will not hesitate to swarm you if they have to.

luke feels calum squeeze his hand and he takes a deep breath. calum smiles sympathetically, saying that he was going to be okay.

they get out the the car and chaos starts. questions are thrown around without any filter. the media is always desperate for anything that could stir up drama. drama means more publicity, more publicity means more money. of course the band members keep their mouths shut, as they always do.

once they get inside, luke lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding. "holy shit, is it always that bad?"

"that isn't even a quarter of what they do." ashton responds.

luke was in disbelief. he knew the paparazzi was bad, but it's worse than what he just encountered? he's seen videos of celebrities being swarmed with ten plus paparazzi's. he can't imagine how bad it gets. he's never had to encounter with that and hopefully, will never have to.

luke follows his boyfriends to an elevator, down hallways, and finally one of the studio rooms. the walls are soundproof, allowing no interruptions for any other artists or workers.

a man was sitting in the chair and stood up when they walked in the room.

"ashton, calum, michael! good to see you guys again." the man says shaking each of the band member's hands.

"good to see you too, sam. sorry about the long wait, we've um, been busy." ashton says.

sam shakes his hand, waving off the apology. "no need. every artist needs time to create."

the only 'creation' they've made is a new boyfriend.

"so, what do you— oh hello, who is this?" sam says, pointing at luke.

"this is one of our friends. we decided to let him tag along. is that okay? he won't do anything." ashton says.

sam smiles. "of course he can stay! any friend of yours is a friend of mine. what's your name fella?"

"l-luke." luke stutters, not expecting the attention to be focused on him.

"well luke, i'm sam, the producer for true colors and many other bands in sydney. feel free to look around!" sam says, with a huge smile on his face that kind of freaks luke out.

the discussion of music is quickly taken over, and luke is alone by himself. not literally, but it feels like it. he feels awkward and weird being here. it's kind of being like a third wheel, or the friend that others bring along and don't ever involve them with anything. luke doesn't know why he's here anyways. he could have stayed home. he's a little confused as to why his boyfriend's would take him to the studio, but he shrugs it off. maybe they want luke to see what they do.