☾❙forty

luke slapped his hand over his mouth and looked at the boys with wide eyes. they shared the same look. the entire room was filled with tension, and shock.

"d-did you hear that entire conversation?" ashton asks shakily.

does he lie? no, there's no way he can just let this conversation go. ashton had just said that he like him. but who was the we? is it calum and michael? is this like some movie where they're all fighting for his love? he hopes not, he can't deal with that right now.

luke slowly nods.

ashton curses under his breath, and calum clenches his eyes shut. michael looks like he was going to pass out any second. he looked like a deer in headlights. any color in his face was drained.

"l-luke... we didn't... uh, i didn't..." ashton muttered, starting to pace around the room and tugged at his hair.

luke shakily got out of the bed and stood awkwardly by petunia. she licked his hand, and he gently stroked her head. she could even sense the tension in the room and knew something was wrong.

"what the fuck is going on. and don't even think about lying to me. i want answers, and i want them now." luke demands, clenching his other hand in a fist.

he wasn't angry. he was just extremely confused and scared. he doesn't know what this means, or what it will turn into. there was no point in hiding this anymore. he just heard that ashton likes him, and possibly michael and calum as well.

luke felt like he was going to be sick. he's never felt so scared.

"calm down luke," calum pauses and licks his lips, "w-we'll explain everything just... just give us a minute."

ashton was still pacing around the room, and calum was trying to bring michael back to reality. the poor boy just stood their frozen, his eyes starting to look teary as well. he just looked so scared about whatever what was going to happen, and luke just wanted to hug him. but he didn't, he wants to know what the boys meant.

maybe now he would finally know all the answers to his questions he's had for so long. why they always want to be around him, why they become so worried when they don't talk for a day or two. luke knew it was okay for friends to be like that, but he had a gut feeling there was more to it. he never believed the feeling either. he just ignored it. there was absolutely no way the boys could ever like him.

the boys all finally got a hold of themselves and turned to luke.

"let's um, lets sit down." ashton mumbles, going over to the small living area of the hotel room.

they all sat down, calum and michael sitting on the love seat, ashton sitting in one of the recliners, and luke sat in the other. petunia laid by his feet for support, and would occasionally lick his leg.

"you need to explain everything now and don't lie. if i find out that you lied about anything i'll never talk to you guys again." luke says, his voice firm.

they all shake their heads. "we weren't planning on it." calum mutters.

"good, now start from the beginning." luke says, leaning back in his seat and crossed his arms.

none of the boys spoke for a moment. they all shared glances and looks trying to figure out who should speak first. calum was the one who finally said anything.

"the first time you ever messaged us, we ignored them. we didn't want to, but there really wasn't much we could do to help, you know? but then you didn't stop and you caught our attention." calum pauses and looks over at ashton. "then ashton was first one to say anything back. we thought it was a bad idea to interact with you at first, but then you just..." calum trailed off, and his lips curled into a small smile.

"something told us that we needed to become something with you. we all had this gut feeling that there was something good about you that we needed to know about. and then when we saw you for the first time, we knew exactly what it was, and what we wanted." calum finishes.

"and what did you want?" luke asks quietly.

his heart was pounding against his chest. his chest started to grow hot because he has a feeling of where exactly this conversation is leading to, but he didn't want to believe it. there was absolutely no way it could be true.

"you, luke. we wanted you." ashton whispers.

____

JEJSJSSJ SEE YA'LL
IN LIKE THREE DAYS