12 | 𝐘𝐮𝐢

‍ 
CHAPTER 12
Yui
 ‍ 

You don't know how long you had been laying idly in your bed, chilling with a book in your hand while waiting for your phone to fully charge. Your body sinking further into the bed as you flip through the pages.

You read paragraph every paragraph in all seriousness following your humming from a sad core melody on one of Lana's songs, not realizing someone standing at the door.

Suddenly the music stop and the cassette got taken away from the player, "How could you not tired?" you saw your dad coming towards you sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I should the one who asks," you replied putting your book on the nightstand.

"I am, just checking my daughter after all."

He takes a look at the cassette that he holds, "What's up with teens listening to sad songs while having a healthy happy relationship?" he said nudged you.

"An addiction," you laughed. "Did mom told you about him?"

"Well, how's he?" he asked.

"He's sweet and-"

"Nice?"

You suck your teeth, "You had the answer."

"Mom said he's a pretty good looking warm-hearted guy, I'll agree after I meet him." He said handed you your cassette back, "But, have I ever met him before?"

"He's so popular since he's in the top 3 aces of Japan, I guess you probably know him," you answered calmly.

"How did you guys meet?" he said in all seriousness.

"His team is my project for my article, so that's why."

You cleared your throat and start to take in a deep breath, "What do you want to know more?" He began to ask no to interrogate you even further.

"What's his name? What so special about him? Does he really love you? What about his family? I'm not going to let my daughter having a relationship with someone with a bad reputation," he said in one breath.

You began to answer one by one with enthusiast, while your dad starts to calm a little bit and raise his brow at you. "I let you with him, whatever you say!"

"What are you doing in Manila?" you asked with a glimpse of your smile.

"Meeting my old pal."

Just then there's a knock at the door, yet there was Yuika-san. "There's a call for y/n-chan and it says it's important and they want to talk to y/n-chan right now," she said to you.

"Yuika-san, did you tell them it's already late and y/n-chan is tired?" your dad asked then received a nod from her.

"It's okay dad, thanks Yuika-san!"

Your dad gets up from his position and was about to leave, "Sleep immediately after you end the call!" He kissed the top of your forehead before leaving your room closing the door.

You walk to pick up the telephone that is placed next to the TV, "Hello, y/n Fujita, speaking!"

"Hi, Karoline's daughter! It's Margaret, Sunny's manager as in Sunny."

"What is it again?" you asked,

"As you know Sunny is a journalist and editor of her self-titled magazine, we reach out to Karoline's daughter to collaborate."