15 | 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐌𝐀 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓

CHAPTER 15
grandma knows the best

Ushijima stops his car in front of a flower shop to pick up his mom. Once he sees his mom, he leans his body, reaches the passenger door to open it. His mom gets to his car welcomely with a basket full of delightful arrangements of yellow roses, asiatic lilies, mini gerberas, carnations, alstroemeria, and button spray chrysanthemums for his sick grandma.

"Have you eat, yet?" his mom asked buckling the seatbelt, Ushijima shook his head before starting to driving off.

"How's school?"

"Good, nothing new."

"Oh, I thought it would be better since you have a girlfriend."

A sudden cold dread hits at his core, biting his tongue before saying anything. "Oh, I was about to tell you that."

"Too late, I knew this was coming." she responded quickly with a firmer voice, "I permitted you to play volleyball, but did you forget there are also terms you have to agree with me?"

"I have to focus on school too," Ushijima said. "But mom, she's different."

"All the girls are the same, Toshi-kun. What the hell did you mean 'she's different'? Is she some sort of superhero or something?" his mother commented.

Ushijima letting out a sigh, "You didn't give her a chance."

She was leaving him confused, mad and clueless at the same time. He felt his heart beating quicker than usual, trying so hard to not let out something he wants to say.

"Your feelings aren't real, it's just a puppy love, it won't work out! You are just wasting your time," she said breathlessly with anger.

"Mom, stop with all this! You haven't known her yet, you are too fast to labeling every girl that was coming towards me!" he replied in one breath.

"What the hell are you talking about? I know where this thing going, I'm your mom Wakatoshi!"

"One thing that you should know is just because your relationship didn't work out, doesn't mean mine won't."

Anger curled hot and unstoppable in her gut, like a blazing inferno that wanted to burn her from the inside out. She still doesn't believe her son would say something like that.

Guilt was written all over his face, Ushijima bitterly regretted it. He shouldn't have to mention his mom's past, but instead, he let his anger take him over.

"You know what, I'll make sure grandma's know about this!"

Just right when they both arrive, his mom immediately gets out of the car leaving his son behind. Why the hell did I do that? Ushijima let out an angered groan and hit the steering wheel with his fist causing a honk from it.

-

Grandma told him to wait outside of her room, while his mom and her talking about something. He headed out to the living room of this -not so big and more traditional house. The floor is made of woods, so every step he takes is like a tune in this empty house.

At first, he was going to sit on the porch with a view of the fish pond and backyard. Instead, he chooses to the tatami room. Once he slides open the door, he got surprised by how this room completely changes, the last time he was visiting here was 3 months ago and he never thought this room have this lot of ornaments.