14 | 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐄 𝐎𝐑 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐋𝐘𝐍

CHAPTER 14
Jackie or Marilyn
 ‍ 

"We probably would be stuck here, y/n-chan," Kane-san turns to look at you while driving,

"Can we find another way, Kane-san?" you asked hoping there's a way for you to attend the seminar without being late.

"No, we are stuck in the middle of other cars."

The drive has been extremely frustrating as you seemed to lose your patience, peaked around looking at the road. "How far is it?"

"About 2.2 km, only 7 minutes if we didn't count the traffic."

It is your fault you end up stuck in traffic. About 56 minutes earlier, you nicely sitting in the auditorium with Matsumoto-san and others where the Seminar of The Future Journalism & Mass Communication in The Digital Age is held.

All of a sudden you got a call from Aiko that said Ushijima got an accident, and you need to come here immediately. After driving 20 minutes, you found out it was just a small accident and he is fine.

Matsumoto-san already told you that he would be just fine and he probably already got help, but still, your stubbornness made Matsumoto-san permitted you to go.

After being stuck in traffic for 10 minutes and late for 6 minutes, here you are running to your seat after showing your guest card to the security. When they saw you, they immediately let out a sigh.

"How's he?" Yui asked,

"He's fine, what do I miss?" you asked,

"Opening speech, but the show is just about to begin."

It was dead silent until everyone starts to look at your table cause you forgot to turn off your phone, "I'm sorry" you replied after Matsumoto-san glaring at you. Kinda embarrassing because it's not just Shiratorizawa who attend this seminar, but all of the schools in Miyagi prefecture, and this event is aired on local TV.

You didn't have a chance to peak at who's texting you, putting your phone back into your pocket, and continue to pay attention to the speakers. You wondered who it was the entire time, till it was the time to ask a question.

"What's your name?" they asked,

"I'm y/n Fujita from Shiratorizawa Academy, my question is can you explain the ubiquity of media capture that controls the world today? Thank you,"

He just smiles before answering your question, "Good question, the media capture, as I define it, is a form of media control that is achieved through systematic steps by governments and powerful interest groups. This media capture, if it is abused, can cause some implication such as regulatory mechanisms governing the media, state-owned or state-controlled media operations, public funds used to finance journalism, and ownership of privately held news outlets."

"What about a term that said journalists had an exception somehow created fake news, what's your opinion about that?" you asked and the camera went back to you,

"At worst, journalists are no exception by which they also prone to creating fake news. According to Dr. Lim, journalists should not enter into fake news circulation because if it is news, it cannot be fake. If it is fake, it cannot be news. I can only give you all advice to stay true to yourself and always maintain integrity when doing journalist work. In addition, journalists must cover speak for the truth and always cover both sides. Was that answer your question, Fujita-san?"

You nodded feeling satisfied with your answers, "Thank you so much, Mr. Lee"

The event ended minutes later, you quickly went to the toilet to check your phone before Matsumoto-san starts to questions you. You checked every notification one by one.