chapter 2

A/N:
pleaaaase remember to play the song when I tell you to! It'll help you feel the vibe, ya know?

***

"Absolutely-fucking-not!!!" I hear Olivia scream through face-time.

"Why not? You're the birthday girl, not me," I defend myself, fiddling with the outfit in my hands.

"Exactly, that's why I'm not letting you wear fucking jeans and a tank top! There's no way we're looking plain!" I hear her scold me again.

She's been my best friend for more than 3 years now and always keeps me in line, I guess. We met at a movie premiere, where she was the lead role, and I was responsible for the film's background music. We hit it off that night and we've been friends ever since then.

"C'mon, Liv, you know I can't wear dresses," I whine, feeling less and less excited about going out.

"I'm not asking you to wear a dress, idiot, wear something hot," she says in a suggesting tone.

I've only got 20 minutes to get ready and I feel like I'm going crazy. I scan over my closet, going over a few shelves containing thrifted clothes, then glance over the hanging pants and jackets, finally spotting a pair of loose leather pants and a white one-strap top with a diagonal cut on one side. Good enough, right?

"How about this?" I pull out the outfit and flip the camera to show it to her.

"Yes!!! It's going to look so amazing on you! Only you could pull it off, honestly," she says enthusiastically. If I've learned one thing about Liv, it's that she'll always hype you up, no matter what.

"Alright I'm wearing this, where are you anyway?" I ask smiling while shoving away the big pile of clothes further into my closet. I'll organize it one day, I swear.

"I'm already on my way with Nate," she turns the camera to show him driving.

Ah, Nate, her boyfriend. I don't really like him, but if she's happy, I'm happy.

"OHHH WE'RE GETTING WASTED TONIGHT!!! I already drank a few glasses of wine, so drink a couple shots before you leave!" she says eagerly, her voice getting cut off a few times from the poor connection.

"Alright, I'll go get ready, and meet you all there," I chuckle before hanging up.

Since the club isn't far away from my apartment, I'll be walking there with Landon who lives nearby me. I change into the outfit, pairing it with black heels, and decide to leave my hair in its dark, natural curls. I'm way too lazy to style it anyway. I put on a pretty dark eye-shadow, accenting my eyes, then cover my lips with a beige lip gloss matching my lip color. Finally, I throw on a single gold necklace around my neck, putting on small golden hoops, and a few rings on my fingers. I text Landon I'm ready, after checking myself out in the mirror for a bit.

 I text Landon I'm ready, after checking myself out in the mirror for a bit