chapter 42

tw: talk of suicide

tw: talk of suicide

Harry Styles
3 years ago...

One step. Two steps. Three.

My feet skip over each other, creating a metal clang on the bridge's railing I'm currently walking on top of.

I take a quick glance down, realizing I can't really see the bottom of the river. The bridge must be higher than 100 feet.

The metal barrier underneath my feet is so narrow that just one slip would be the end of it all. Though, it doesn't stop me from putting one foot in front of the other to get closer to the middle.

The wind plays underneath my shirt, and rushes through my hair, making me break out in a grin.

A bigger gust of wind makes me momentarily lose my balance but I quickly regain it by stretching out my hands, one holding a bottle with the letters 'Alfred Giraud Whiskey' on the label.

Woah. Almost slipped.

It's the fucking wind, I swear.

I strongly believe that my father's in the fucking wind — always annoying and loud while destroying everything in its path.

Of course, even today it's trying to knock me down.

He died today. Overdosed on Ketamine.

Fucking idiot.

"What do you think you're doing?" A voice startles me so badly, that my heart drops down to my stomach, and my feet almost give out.

I spin around, taking in the small silhouette of the person almost sending me over the edge.

My eyes roam up and down the girl who's now standing just a few feet away from me, and it's truly a strange sight to see.

A ripped crimson dress. Messy chestnut curls. Her white Converse are stained by something red and brown like she'd been walking through the soil in the woods.

There are crescent blue imprints down the whole length of both her arms, which send shivers down my spine just looking at them. It doesn't look like they're self-inflicted because some of them are on the yellow side, but others are much darker — close to fresh.

Her dark hazel eyes confusedly shoot every direction, making me believe she doesn't really know why she's here in the first place.

Or rather... she knows exactly what she's come to do on this bridge.

"The water's so still, right?" I look down once again, my heart jumping up and down at the height. "Don't you think it could use some chaos?"

"How about we just take a deep breath? Would you like to come down here?" She cautiously takes one step forward, being careful to not startle and make me slip off the edge.