chapter 3

please dont hate on Amber right away lmao remember that she's really drunk in this chapter and is kinda annoying but yeah I actually kinda enjoyed writing this soooo

***

Harry Styles

This is not how I expected my evening to go. I wasn't even supposed to be here if Niall hadn't dragged me to this place. I certainly didn't expect to see her here after our small conversation at the cafe. And I definitely didn't expect to see her dancing like that. But here we are, the same hazel eyes, the same heart-shaped lips, the same dark locks contouring the face staring right back at me.

"Hi, I'm Amber," she shouts over the music, a sly smirk on her face, as she sits next to who I've learned is Olivia.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Harry," I respond, as we both share a look, obviously remembering each other from earlier.

As I sit down, a girl who I've never seen before sits next to me and slightly leans into me, "Hi, I'm Olivia's best friend, Chloe," she says, totally interrupting my conversation with Amber. She then throws her arm behind my neck, leaning into me more, as I can feel her awfully sweet perfume soaking into me.

"Hey," I reply nonchalantly, grabbing a drink, detaching myself from her, as my smile is fully gone. I already see where this is going, and, honestly, I'm not in the mood for hooking up today. I came here to get plastered, so I chug the whole glass of whiskey in my hand.

She rolls her eyes, but thankfully takes the hint and makes her way back to the dance floor, giving me a death glare.

Don't blame me: It's been a rough week. I can't stress enough about releasing a new album in less than two months and I've got a few days until an important promo filming at Abbey Road Studios, but the thing is, my keyboardist Clare went on a goddamn skiing trip and broke her hands in an accident while getting sick in the process.

Apparently, the injury's really bad, and she won't be able to perform for a few months.

I need to figure out where I can get a keyboardist with great vocals on short notice. It seems impossible. Of course, I've been offered backup keyboardists, but none of them seem to fit my criteria. Fuck, it's all falling apart.
I run my hands through my hair, refilling the glass, and downing it in one gulp, barely feeling the bitter taste.

I scan over the booth again, to see Amber and some other girls already gone somewhere. I look to the right to see Niall and another girl already shoving their tongues down each others throats. Great.

Looking to the left, I see another familiar face; Landon. Thank god. I met him at the cafe today as well, and, honestly, he seems to be a great guy.