chapter 30

BE PREPARED TO PLAY THE SONG VERY SOON!!!
(replay if it ends too soon)

ly

***

Harry Styles

"C'mon, Harry!" Amber's laughter is hanging in the air, as she's pulling me by the hand through a darkened street with only a few lamp posts shining down on us.

Unbelievable.

"What? I gotta take in our surroundings." I fight back, "You know, for someone your size, it's pretty dangerous to be running around the streets of Italy in the middle of the night."

"I know! That's why you're with me." A smile is heard in her words, not leaving her face for a second. She ignores all my warnings by grabbing my hand even harder, before pulling me to start running up a hill-like road.

It seems to me that running while grabbing the other's hand is our thing now. We share excitement with one another this way — she wants me to come to see her getting the tattoo filled, like I'd wanted her to come and see stars with me that night on the bridge.

Our hands tend to slip from the other's considering the sweat our skin has collected, but she makes sure to connect our palms even stronger every time. Her curls keep flying in every direction while wrapping around her face, and maybe this is the first time the wind isn't bothering me so much.

*play it NOW, I dare you*

A raindrop. A single joyous drop of rain falls right on my nose, then slides down my chin before hitting the asphalt ground.

She still rushes in front of me, while our connected hands lead me in the back. She keeps glancing to the damp pavement ahead of us, then back to me, then to the pavement again. Every time she turns around to momentarily face me, an even bigger grin glides on her lips than before. I could swear her smiles are contagious because I feel my cheeks hurting from how hard I'm grimacing.

The sky unexpectedly crashes a bucket of rain down on the both of us, soaking our shirts instantly. I watch as Amber's features turn into shock in a matter of seconds, and I can't help but crack a smile at her expressions.

"It's not too late to turn back!" I yell over the wind, clutching her hand as hard as I possibly could.

"No, let's go!" Soon her grins become giggles, and we both become cackling messes, laughing about nothing and everything all at once. Her pink lips couldn't have spread in a bigger expression, as her eyes are squinted from her cheeks being so high now.

She's got that laugh.

The rain seems to join our shrieks, now getting to the roots of our hair. I feel multiple locks stick to my forehead, but I can't discern anything else, as Amber starts speeding through the streets faster than ever. I've got goosebumps on my skin from the rain but we both can't stop our laughter in this situation.

My eyes keep roaming around her illuminated skin under a few lamp posts, as her chestnut waves have become very prominent with the humidity. I stop my laughter for a second to listen to her nice timber chiming through the wet summer air.

She looks so free like that.

My clothes get heavier with each second the rain continues to soak them, as it keeps pouring down on us with no shame. Amber suddenly stops in front of a building with a scruffy sign spelling ''Eclectic'' hanging from the door, making me almost crash into her. She grabs her stomach with the free hand to soothe the pain from all the laughing we did, as we're both taking in deep breaths to calm down from the rush.