Part 9: Before The Mission

Everyone survived the explosion, got out and cleaned cuttlefish cabin. However, they decided it wasn't safe to be there, so they temporarily abandoned it and went somewhere else in the forest.

Melody: *wakes up from a nap and yawns* Hey, where did Jade and Ruby go?

Natalie: They went out on an expedition to research what's going on. You controlled a steelhead, right? Well, it seems like their experimenting on salmonids. Something their doing can mind control them.

Luke: Cod, they are, OBSESSED, with mind control.

Summer: *puts a red sticker on her sunglasses* EY LOOK IM MIND CONTROLLED! MY BOSS IS A CRAZY WOMAN! *takes off the sticker* Fresh!

A couple of the agents laugh at this.

Luke: *puts on a red inkling girl wig* RAAAAHHHHHHRRR IM SCARLET AND IM A BETCH!

More laughing.

Natalie: Hey, want to see my impression of scarlet?

Samuel: YES PLEASE!

Natalie: *inhales* HAHAHAHHAHA IM EVIL FUR NO REASON UTHER THEN IT MEH HOBBY. OH DEAR ITS AN OCTOPUS! REEEEEEEE!!! *runs into a tree and pretends to die*

Almost everyone laughs at this.

Sylvia: *for the first time in days, she chuckles*

Samuel: We're getting her back... *then gets on two stilts* OH MY FUCKING GOD IM A HUMAN! WHAT THE FUUUUUUCK- *falls off them on purpose* AHH IM  DROWNING AND IIIIIIIM DED. *plays dead*

Even more laughing. At this rate, everyone's playing jokes and laughing.

Jade: *comes back with ruby, and everyone notices except summer*

Summer: *wearing a hat and a spare copy of jades suit* Hey I TOOOOTALLY didn't fuck an octoling last night.

Samuel: Summer, it's Jade! *loud whispering*

Summer: Yea I thought that was obvious! The suit and impression.

Samuel: No I mean, she's here!

Summer: Yea, me.

Melissa: Turn around!

Summer: *turns around and sees jade glaring at her* Oh heyyeheh! We were just...

Jade: *inhales* So Lt. Obsidian is plotting to destroy the world and your acting like children!

Natalie: Hey! Don't be strict! We actually made Sylvia laugh for the first time in days, so lighten up! Besides, it's what she needs.

Ruby: Well if Sylvias being healed, I'm glad.

Jade: Fine, I'm sorry.

Summer: But you gotta admit, my impression of you was great. Even Natasha agrees.

Jade: No it wasn't. And her name is Natalie.

Summer: Whatever.

Samuel: What did you two find?

Ruby: So it seems like Obsidian drugged dozens of salmonids to follow her every command. And she has 15 multicoloured hot ink bombs in progress which she will launch around the world. So far, only a few have been completed.

One long conversation later...

Samuel: *sitting on his own in the forest* So here it is. We're going to destroy those bombs and defeat Obsidian, I guess... But am I good enough? I defeated 2 villains before but their nothing compared to Obsidian. I'm not sure if I can do this. But I need to.

Natalie: *overhears, and walks over* You don't think your the right fit?

Samuel: Oh hey Natalie, and honestly, not sure.

Natalie: Well, lemme reassure you. *sits with him* Do you remember why I fell in love with you? Because you are the best person I know. I was in crap conditions for over a year, being homeless, but then you came and proved I wasn't a criminal. Why did you even do that?

Samuel: Well, I thought it was the right thing to do, because the evidence against you was super sloppy, it was obvious you didn't do anything. And you deserve a life in Inkopolis, just like everyone else.

Natalie: There you go. You have so much compassion, and a big heart. You didn't even have to see me after you proved I was innocent, but you stuck around and did everything you can to help me. I even remember they day I was in the hospital after what Scarlet did to me, you refused to leave my side. I remember one time, someone called me a war criminal and you glared at them until they ran away like little bitches. Every time I ever felt down, you immediately made sure to comfort me until I felt better again. Remember the train escape about a week ago? Maybe less time, but it sure feels like forever ago. Cyalux offered you to dump me, but you didn't. All of this and maybe more is why I fell in love with you. Your so fucking loyal, kind and compassionate.

Samuel: Thank you... I don't know why I feel insecure, I just do yknow. Maybe I shouldn't be like this. People are at risk here.

Natalie: Yea, and once it's over, we can finally live normally again! I hope...

Samuel: *wraps his arm around Natalie* Hey, don't worry about it. We'll get out of here. All of us.

Natalie: I hope so...

The two of them exchange a kiss.

Meanwhile in a cell...

Marie: *groans* We've been stuck here for 2 weeks now. This is officially ridiculous.

Callie: I'm sure our other agents will rescue us!

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Their loyal, dedicated and know how to fight octarians. We'll be out in no time.

Bethany: Jade is my sister, and she's agent 3. She will rescue us! (A.U: Yes, this is the same Bethany in Inkopolis Chaos 1.) 

Marie: Hang on... *sees a controller that was dropped on the floor* Hold on, anyone got something that can get that? Without using your hands.

Bethany: I'll try... *takes off her pilot goggles, and uses them as a little hook to pull the controller in* Now, use this.

Callie: Time to send this distress signal! *activates it and the signal goes to the agents*

Back with the agents...

Jade: It's a distress signal, from the squid sisters! We finally know where they are!

Katelin: We need to go!

Melissa: It's a bit late at night...

Jade: Well your right. Morning it is. Everyone, get some sleep, no staying up until 3AM watching pornhub or looking up rule 34. 

Sylvia: If you don't sleep, I mayyy use my frying pan...

Katelin: Good night everyone! I'll get you all cookies and milk if you want it!