Chapter 4

Habang hinihintay na maluto ang dinner nila tinawagan ni Jennie si Jisoo para magpaalam na sa hapon lang siya papasok bukas.

Matapos ang ilang rings ay sinagot din ni Jisoo ang tawag.

"Hello unnie," she said right after Jisoo picked up the phone.

"Hey Jennie, why'd you call?"

"I just want to excuse myself. I mean I'll only be able to go to work in the afternoon" paalam niya sa kaibigan.

"Sure, why tho?"

Huminga ng malalim si Jennie bago simulang magkwento sa nangyari kani-kanina lang.

"Unnie Liam got into trouble," she sighed.

"What? What happened to the boy?" Jisoo asked worriedly.

Syempre nagaalala din siya sa bata parang anak niya na din yun ih.

"You're right unnie, she secretly wants to meet his father. He was bullied because he doesn't have a father to show everyone. They beated him up and even told him that he's a bastard"

Jennie started sobbing as her heart aches for her boy's suffering. Masakit para sa kanya na nasasaktan ang anak niya. She wishes na sana siya nalang ang nalang ang magdusa wag lang ang anak niya kasi mahal na mahal niya ito.

"What? Those kids needs to punished. That wasn't appropriate. Calm down Jen"

"That's why I want to go to his school tomorrow. I just want to talk to those kids and their parents because afraid they might hurt Liam again."

"That's right"

"Unnie what should I do? I think he really needs his dad"

"Don't worry Jennie, I'll try to find that Lisa."

"I don't know if we should even look for her. I mean he might take Liam away from me. I can't afford that. I can't live without my boy"

She sobbed again.

"But Jennie, the Liam needs his father too. He deserves to know about his father no matter how bad that bastard is"

No matter how hard she denies, Jisoo is right. His son wants a father and she can't give it to him by just herself. She needs to stop being selfish for her son. However, still isn't ready and she doesn't think she'll ever be ready to meet Lisa again.

"Do you think she's still here in Korea?" tanong ni Jennie kay Jisoo.

"Hm, does she look like a Korean?" Asked Jisoo.

Jennie tried to recall every features of Lisa that she could remember. From her memory, Lisa doesn't look like a Korean but more like from Southeast Asia.

"No unnie, she looks more like Southeast Asian. A Filipina or Thai perhaps"

She was certain that Lisa isn't Korean.

"Tell me more about her features.  I have to know what the person I'll be looking for looks like"

Siguradong madali ngayong mahanap ang mga tao kesa noon kasi mas high tech na ang mga bagay at malakas din ng instinct ni Jisoo na mahahanap nila ang Lisa na yun na ama ni Liam.

"She was blonde when I met her, she had bangs, she doll eyes, plump lips, little mole on her cheek bone I think, and a more visible on the center of her neck just along her collarbone that's all I remember."

Sinikap niya talagang alalahanin ang mga details na yun kasi ang iba malabo na kasi lasing siya nung may nangyari sa kanila.

"Okay I got it. I listed up and I'll update you if ever I find something about that woman...with a dick"

Natawa pa si Jisoo sa sinabi niya. Samantalang napairap nalang si Jennie ng wala sa oras.

"I know you just rolled your eyes. Why? It's true she has a dick tho" she said matter-of-factly.

"Okay unnie babye"

"Bye"

Tinapos na niya ang niluluto niyang gamjatang, kimchi fried rice at kung ano ano pa. Inihanda niya ito sa lamesa saka pumunta sa kwarto ng anak para gisingin ito.

She found his son sleeping soundly in his comfy bed. Before she knew it, Jennie was already staring at his son full of worries, sadness and love.

Seeing his son with cuts and bruises made her feel bad as a mother. She shouldn't have let this happen. She doesn't want anyone to hurt her boy, the only person who keeps her sane.

The boy really took up a lot of Lisa's feature which kinda make her a bit jealous kasi mata lang ang nakuha sa kanya ng bata.

"Liam, baby wake up the foods are ready" paggising ni Jennie sa anak niyang mahimbing ang tulog.

She hate to disturb the boy's sleep pero kailangan pa nitong kumain. Ayaw niya pa namang nalilipasan ng gutom ang anak niyang 'to.

Matapos ang ilang yugyog ay nagising din ang bata.

"Did I sleep too long mommy?" Liam asked as soon as he opened his cat eyes.

"No baby, I woke you up just in time. We should eat now before the foods get cold. I prepared you favorites by the way" she said and smiled.

Napangiti naman ang bata ng marinig ang sinabi ni Jennie.

Pagkabangon ni Liam dumiretso na sila sa kusina at masayang kumain kahit silang dalawa lang.

Pagkatapos nilang kumain ay nanuod ng TV si Liam habang si Jennie naman ay nagligpit ng pinagkainan nila saka naghugas.

After washing the dishes she joined his son and watch the TV as well until they ended up having a movie marathon but only until 9:00pm kasi may pasok pa si Liam and sasamahan siya ng mommy niya.

Jennie called the school earlier and reported what happened. She doesn't want to argue or make things worse. She's not gonna make a scene in his boy's school. She just want to be assure that his son won't be harm while in the premises.

Pinatulog na ni Jennie si Liam and she didn't notice nakatulog pala siya sa tabi ng bata. She didn't leave the boys side.

On the other day, nagising siya na tulog parin syempre ang Liam niya. Tamad naman kasi talagang bumangon ng maaga ang bata. Makakailang tawag pa siya dito minsan tas hindi parin bumabangon. Hindi naman siya tamad bumangon sa umaga, hindi niya alam kung san namana yun ni Liam.

Hinayaan niya nalang muna matulog ang bata dahil pagod ito saka nagluto nalang muna siya ng breakfast nila.

Pagkatapos niyang magluto saka niya lang ulit ginising ang anak niya. At gaya ng ibang mga araw nakailang tawag din muna siya bago ito lumabas ng kwarto pero nakabihis na. Mabuti nalang dahil baka malate ito kung hindi pa.

"Good morning my boy" bati ni Jennie sa anak niya.

"Good morning mom" he greeted back.

"Let's eat" Jennie said and they started eating peacefully.

"Does your wounds still hurt baby?" Jennie asked worriedly.

"Yeah a little but don't worry mommy, I'm fine."

"If you say so. I hope you won't get in trouble again" Jennie heaved a sigh.

"I won't, I promise mommy" he said and raised his right hand like it was an oath.

"I trust you" Jennie said.

They finished eating and Jennie also prepared herself. As soon as they were both ready, they drove off towards the school.