Chapter 19: Couldn't Have Been More Wrong

*** Charlotte's POV ***

My eyes rolled back as Harley worked my clit with his tongue. His technique was like none other. My hips lifted off the bed as I came undone for the second time, his name falling from my lips.

He rose his head, his eyes glassy and his lips glistening with my essence. I'm sure that I looked wrecked, but the way he smiled at me as he rested his cheek on my bare thigh made me feel gorgeous and desired.

"Why have we waited so long to do that?" He asked.

I giggled. "Well we needed time to come of age, get some practice, break some hearts."

He pressed his lips to my leg and murmured. "It's so easy with you."

I combed my fingers through his sweaty hair and sighed. "I know what you mean. It's like fate that we found each other again."

My words made him stir, and for a second, I thought maybe that I said something to bother him. But instead he crawled up, framing my head with his forearms as he hovered over me. His lips brushed mine. "I don't want to leave anything to chance with you again, Lotte. Be my girl."

"I am already." I spoke my approval against his lips. I could feel him hard against me. I decided to go for broke. "Harley, make love to me."

He reached for the condom that he placed on the nightstand, rolled it down his shaft, and resumed his position over me. Our mouths met and he kissed me silly, making me buzz with his energy. Without looking, he eased himself between my folds and paused. "You're sure?"

"Yes, please don't stop." And with my consent, he thrust into me. I clutched my hands around the back of his neck and met his rhythm with my lower half. He felt so good, his toned body moving above me as his length stretched me.

He reached down and griped my leg by the back of my thigh, pulling it up along where his obliques flexed. It changed our angle and I cried out in pleasure, which spurred Harley on. "God, Charlotte. This is too good."

Our bodies continued to work in tandem, making us sweat and lust for each other even more. He was quickly driving me to another orgasm. I was greedy as I panted for more. He silenced me with his tongue, but ultimately gave me what I wanted as he thrust long and hard several more times.

As I clamped down and uttered nonsense syllables into the air, Harley grunted and pressed his sweaty forehead to mine as I felt him release not even thirty seconds behind me. We laid in the afterglow, drifting down from our first time together.

After a quick clean-up and visit outside for Murray, we settled back into bed. We didn't say anything, but the way we both reached for each other spoke volumes about how we were feeling. My heart felt content in a way that it hadn't for so long. Calamity had drawn us together, but something more powerful would keep us going: hope.

The next several days were filled with bliss and anxiety as we waited for this to be over. Rays came home the next day much to our relief. He would need to be on a special diet for awhile, but he should make a full recovery with time.

We went to the police station that evening and gave our statements to the team that deals with these types of crimes. I told them everything that I knew and the unlikely connection with Harley's date being Jamie's sister. Harley shared the threats being made on our animals. I had asked that he not mention my likely drugging since I hadn't gone to the cops or the hospital even and couldn't verify that I had been drugged. He wasn't too keen on that, but finally relented when I expressed my embarassment over how I handled the whole ordeal.