Rescue! Beelzebub

Endangered! MC

Status: Mutual Attraction

The once fun family activity quickly spiraled into a survival game. It was as if the snow gods rain terror onto those who come forth to ski. There was a massive avalanche behind you, accidentally separated from the boys, you were left to fend for yourself. Shrinking your body, you got low and mimicked your figure to the slope of the land in an attempt to go faster. The anticipation of the impact at any moment, caused you to frequently look back, checking to see how close it was. The results only scared you, making your performance grew sloppier.

Facing forward, you saw a rock last minute, right in the center of your path. The late notice didn't give you time to maneuver out the way. The skis collided against it, throwing you off balance as you plunged down the hill. Sliding against the snow, you dramatically came to a complete stop. Adjusting your goggles to your forehead, you looked up to see the chunks of snow fighting to get to the bottom first. Harden pieces, hitting against another as it rolled against the slope. Even if the impact doesn't kill you, being trapped beneath it will. You'd freeze to death if you weren't found in time.

An orange flash zipped from the corner of your eyes. The second you went to look in that direction, there was Beel crouched down, an arm out snatching you as he passed. Thrown over his shoulder, he snowboarded down the slope at an intense speed you could never reach. You watched as the snow ate your skis and ski poles, leaving no evidence of your crash. That easily could have been you. Fear still quivered your bones, now seeing the monstrosity from behind that endangered you both.

The rock perforating the snow was used a ledge for Beelzebub to spring from. One hand holding you, the other grabbed the side of his snowboard as he squatted midair, making himself small. The base of his snowboard hit the ground once more, speeding hard and fast. Easily, Beelzebub detoured each obstacle as he rode out the chase of the avalanche. Eventually, it slowed to a stop, the snow calmed itself to a standstill. Hearing no further threat, Beelzebub glanced back just to be sure. Dramatically, he angled his board to come to a complete stop, repositioning you in the process. Once he set you down you both surveyed the path you were once on, now heavily concealed. That was close.

You could see the heat from your breath as you exhale forcefully, your exhaustion was catching up with you.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

You nodded, "Yes I'm okay, just a little cold."

"There should be a cabin, not too far," he took your hand. "We'll wait for the others there."

Beelzebub held his snowboard beneath his arm while he had your hand in his. As you two walked the rest of the way, you couldn't help but notice there was no one else as far as the eye can see. It was deathly quiet, nature being still after its meltdown. After the rush was over, your body went into survival mode, shivering uncontrollably to make some heat. You needed to get out of the cold and fast, but it was hard when it was a struggle to lift up your feet after each step. Snow inches deep, wind blowing harshly in your face, you started to lose the sensations in your fingers and toes.

Stepping onto the cabin's porch, you did big stomps, knocking off all the snow and traces of ice from your clothing. Beelzebub was the first to go inside, checking if it was safe. Coast clear, you two began to make yourself at home. Phone to his ear, Beelzebub immediately reported to Lucifer.

"I have her," he answered. "She's not hurt or anything. At the 4th checkpoint of the red trail, we're in a cabin."

While he spoke on the phone, you began throwing chopped wood in the fireplace with trembling hands. Feeling on top of the shelves, you grabbed the matches to ignite a fire. The gentle whips of heat reflected in your eyes as you beamed, its layers of warmth already soothing you.