Captain! Leviathan [Pirate AU]

Pirate! MC

Status: Old Friends

Background: Long ago, you were a native on a small island. One day when you were gathering berries you found a man unconscious on the shore, shipwrecked, with a little snake as a companion. Welcoming with open arms, you and your people helped rebuilt his damaged seaboat, he was segregated from his crew during their training expedition. He was part of the navy, the lowest rank there was, with a dream far too heavy to carry.

Amusing to watch, he was clumsy and awkwardly shy, always fainting from the slightest embarrassment. While you were helping him get back to his people, you two eventually became good friends. Kind as you were, you gave him hope, sprinkling faith to grow his self-esteem, you both created an unbreakable bond.

Once his boat was rebuilt, he had to set sail again, gifted with a bountiful amount of food and items for his travels. Although the time spent together was short, you'd never forget him...and he'd never forget you.

[p.s. Hell + Devildom = Hevildom]

The ship was compromised. It was every man for themselves and now you had a chance to escape. Making your way to the rowboats, you avoided each navy men who came across your path. The pin, their uniform, it was distracting, you've seen it somewhere but where? It was on the tip of your tongue, but you can't put a finger on it. Boots colliding against the platform, you made your way up and over, close to the ticket of freedom. On your way to the getaway-boat was when you heard him. Voice was familiar, a siren if you must, but you couldn't put a face to it. Unconsciously, you wanted to see where it was coming from, waiting for the person to make their appearance from the item blocking your view.

The hesitation cost you everything.

They handled you like a savaged dog, not surprising, it's not like they liked your kind anyway. When they remembered to feed you, they'd throw a bowl of water and scraps from their food. There was barely any water in the pan, for half of the content spill out when it reaches you. They haven't interrogated you yet, not sure how that's gonna be like you don't want to stay long enough to find out.

The door flung opened, two guards entering, one to raise you and the other to stand by the exit. Literally thrown into the chair, it almost tipped over before slamming down back on all fours. A hand to your jaw, slapped the taste out your mouth, "Alright prisoner, wake up."

It's time to go. Slanted in the chair, you raised your bounded feet to kick him in the chest. The momentum sent you flipping over, the moment they regained their balance withdrawing their sword you used their gesture to cut through your confines. Slicing precisely through your wrist, the ropes fell, another swipe, you rolled on the ground, until his sword landed between your legs, cutting them free. Once you were freed, it was over for them. Taking both of their blades, you stepped over their unconscious bodies, pausing to look down the passageway.

The small lights swung within the narrow path, giving you partial light to see. Heart racing, lungs inflating, you quickly crept alongside the bulkhead, careful to not cause the decks to squeak. There were footsteps and voices up ahead. Stopping, you held your breath as they passed you concealed in the shadows. 

A sudden reflection of light bounced against the partition, looking closely you saw a little shift in the shadow. Whirling around, you protected yourself against the sword sneaking behind you. The darkness concealed his face, but the way his weapon dance spoke every emotion. The metal riveted, clanging repeatedly as you both blocked and attack in the narrow hallway.