Secret! Lucifer [Royalty AU]

The Mistress! MC

Status: Lovers

Lucifer never thought he would scum to his siblings'–well more so Asmodeus' and Mammon's outlandish behaviors. He never understood their antics, what purpose does those behavior serve? As the eldest of the Morningstar family he had a title to uphold, a picture-perfect image to display. It's up to him to ensure their name demanded respect and remain on a pedestal as it should. It was already stressful managing his siblings' personal nonsense so there was no time for meaningless associates or personal relationships. He held onto that ideology until he met you, breaking all the rules he once abided by.

The second the deed was done, he thought he would feel regret, disgusted even, but none of those feelings came the next morning. He thought the feelings would hit when he laid next to his wife, the Queen of his kingdom but nothing came. If anything, he turned his back to her and imagined you beside him instead. Lucifer was not one to break rules, especially when sworn under oath but this was different. Lucifer should feel ashamed of his new found morals. What has he become? Despite his adultery he stilled continued, requesting your presence ever so often, even if you only sit in his company.

The Queen knew about his affair but she dare not say anything to him. Her anger, her resentment, was all aimed towards you. She was too focused on what you were, a commoner, a peasant whose down on their knees to wipe floors. What could you possibly have that she doesn't? She owned acres of land, sits on riches passed down from generations, education stemmed from the finest academy and she was also quite the beauty. Impeccable manners, good socialist and was capable of holding a conversation. Need she say more?

What did she miss? Every box was checked to ensure she was prepared to rule by his side. They were betroth at a young age and she thought he would eventually grow to love her when he sees what she was capable of. When the council advised it was time to bring forth an heir, she thought this was the spark they needed to become closer. To her displeasure, the entire process was handle like a business deal, from the start of the pregnancy to the birth of their son. Routinely, formally and emotionless. No matter the months that's passed he remained cold towards her, dried of all emotions until...he met you. And those were the happiest she's ever seen his eyes.

The surface of the stone was cold, clothes sticking to your figure as your teeth chattered. All you could do was protect your eyes so you could see afterwards. Clothes soiled; another person threw flour in your face. Cornered in the hallway, you were attacked by two of the handmaidens.

"It is futile. Your presence is insulting, take your leave from the palace."

The woman rested the bucket at her hip, looking down at you in disgust. The other lady by her side continued.

"What an insult to the crown. You should be ashamed of yourself. Have you have no pride? Disrespecting the Queen in such manner?"

The water seep through your bundles of fabrics. Heavy and soaked you raised the hem of your dress to stand. Coughing, powder came out your mouth. Face white as snow you started to wipe the contents from your eyes, away from your face. The two women moved away, standing to the side to allow Her Majesty to come through. Slowly you tried to maintain the distance by backing away. The realization of her purpose here made your heart thud. You kept your gaze low, nervous and embarrassed. It was one thing to sleep with another woman's man but actually seeing them in person made you feel flustered.

"I cannot get rid of you but I will make your stay here very difficult," the Queen stepped forward. "The sight of you sickens me. You slept with a man who does not belong to you! He has a son for Christ's Sake! You disgusting bitch!"