Incomplete! Satan [Soulmate AU]

Reincarnated! MC

Status: Past Lovers

Background: Satan and you are soulmates, every lifetime you are given, you are also taken. He remembers all the lives you lived while you remember none. After a few cycles, there was a change to his fate. A demon without a soul, yours was split to be shared as one. Now as a human, he can start over, to be with you from beginning to end.

The mirror was either too brutally honest or a straight-up liar, maybe that's the reason why it was broken in pieces. The fragments of your reflection were glimpses of parts of yourself you did not wish to see. Constantly fighting within, your intrusive thoughts easily overpowered you. You didn't even realize you were bleeding until he touched your hand. Now you see why he rarely leaves your side, afraid of what could happen.

"Darling, you're hurt," Satan murmured, the first aid kit already put to use, "What happened? Did it fall?"

He removed you from the shards, gesturing you to sit on the bed. Without saying another word, he took your silence as an answer. You could tell it bothered him, a worried glance on a wound that took forever to heal. It was your fault; you should have known your hands were weak support. They never stop shaking. It was interesting how everything was the same and yet, different. Like an angel on your shoulder, he was there when you needed him. The moment your hand touched the railing and your feet took the first step a touch was already on your back.

"Sweetheart, we talked about this."

"About what?"

"The stairs, I don't want you to go up alone," he whispered, taking your hand.

"I...I don't remember," you mumbled. Some conversations have been skipping your mind lately.

Effortlessly, he raised you into his arms, "It's okay."

"I don't mean to be a burden," wrinkles resurfacing from the deepness of your smile.

"You could never be," a sincere kiss to the temple. "Your knees been giving trouble lately; I don't want you in any pain, my love."

A hand to his face, you couldn't help but caress his supple and tight skin. "They've been better thanks to those exercises we did together."

"I'm glad to hear that, darling."

Every touch was soothing than before, you were handled with such love and delicacy. No harm could ever come to you while in his care. Sometimes there was a flash of fear in his eyes when you looked at him with confusion. 'Where am I?' you would ask. His patience with you was God sent. Satan's voice never raised, forever tender, light, pacifying even, calmly reorienting you to your surroundings. He never let a moment escaped him to kiss you, to show you your loved, to remind you how gorgeous you are and how gorgeous you'll always be. It doesn't matter how many lifetimes he has done it; he'll do it again, again and again. The number of times you were taken from him then given back was such a curse and yet a blessing.

"I used to be young and beautiful," you whispered.

Satan meticulously cleaned your glasses, setting them on your nose, "And now you're just beautiful."

If only you could grow old with him so this wouldn't hurt as much. If only you bear a child of his, he wouldn't be alone when you're gone. If only there was more time to be together... to stay together. You were just a fraction in his life, and he was all of yours. And that's when you came to the realization of how much you were hurting him by being by his side.