1

I woke up to the sound of my obnoxious alarm clock sounding. I ruffled my hands through my dirty-blond hair and got up. I took a cold shower, to wake myself up, and branched out a few clothes from my closet. A green t-shirt and some ripped blue jeans. Since it was October, and it was pretty cold outside, I took my jacket and hung it around my waist.

I jumped onto the bus, my backpack hanging on one shoulder and my lunch bag on the other. I looked for a place to sit, revealing that Nick and Tommy were fighting again. "I sat there, dickhead!" Nick said, giving Tommy a hopless push, sending the fifteen-year-old boy to the other side of the long seat in the back of the school bus. "What the hell was that for?" Tommy slid back to where he sat before, pushing Nick out of his seat, causing him to fall to the floor. "Fuck you!" Nick gave Tommy another push, also sending him to the floor. It didn't take long for them to lie on the cold concrete ground, wrestling each other. Like almost every other morning. Since Tommy is a year below us, Nick thinks that he can take advantage of the boy. As Tommy saw me, he looked up at me and smiled. "Hey, Sapnap. Your friend is here." As Nick punched Tommy, he jolted upwards and squeezed his way out of Nick's grip.

"Don't ever call me that again, fucko," Nick said, ruffling through the blond's hair aggressively. "Hi Clay," Nick said, breathlessly. I waved at Nick, who was still on the floor, trying to regain his grip on the younger child. Tommy had now successfully torn his way out of Nick's grip, looking for Tubbo, who was always late. Nick got up and gave me high five.

As we sat down on the back of the school bus, I gave him a playful punch and asked him why he kept annoying Tommy. "It's just fun, I guess," Nick said, with a smirk, knowing that Tommy was listening. Tommy gave Nick a dirty look, and turned back to Tubbo, who was now entering the school bus.

As we finally arrived at school, Flook High, Nick made his way over to Tommy and Tubbo. I already ignored them, trying to find my way to George. George is probably my favorite person, ever. I've known him since I was fourteen years old, but we haven't really ever had a committed conversation. George was usually always under the big apple tree at the back of the school. I made my way through the dozens of students and teachers, trying to find my way to George. I know, I said that George and I never really have any proper conversations. Well, that isn't entirely true. Sometimes, in the morning, we talk a bit before school starts. I don't really know much about him, though. The only thing I know about him, is that he's in the same class as me and that his favorite subject is History. He apparently quite likes learning about the middle ages.

As I finally found the big apple tree after a long search, I heard George, but I didn't see him. I looked around and I saw the tip of his bushy, chocolatey hair. I ran towards him, but I didn't want to be too obvious. I fast-walked to him until I saw that a few kids had made a circle around him and some blonde girl. They were arguing.

"I can't believe I trusted you!" Hearing George yell in such a heartbroken way, almost made me want to cry. The girl tried to shove him, but he backed away. "It was only a small kiss! Nothing much else!" The girl started to cry, and was comforted by many. And now I knew what was going on. She cheated on George. For a start, I didn't even know he had a girlfriend.

George started to cry too, but no one came to him. He was only called a few slurs, and soon, everyone started to walk away. Except me. George cupped his face in his hands and I could hear him silently sobbing. I looked around, and slowly walked towards him. I didn't say anything, but I slowly cupped my arms around his waist. George abruptly turned around, and for a second we locked eye contact. He cracked a smile at me and I smiled at him, too. He lifted my arms from his waist and hugged me. It was so unexpected. But I liked it.

As George let go of me, he took my hand and held it. "Clay?" Holy shit. He knew my name? How? I never told him my name. Maybe he overheard it from Tommy or Nick. I gulped and nodded, hoping he didn't mind that I was squeezing his hand really tight. "Thank you," he whispered to me. My heart immediately started to beat to the sound of drums and the butterflies in my stomach started forming. Feeling him so close to me felt... special.

I led George to the apple tree and we sat down there, talking about almost everything that had happened in our lives. From our childhood to how terrible life is now. But with him, I would've never guessed that his life is this bad. He apparently has three younger sisters; Minx, Caroline and Hannah. His father had unfortunately passed away in a car crash three years ago and his mother is trying to look for someone new, she apparently can't be alone. I didn't know it was this bad.

I told him a lot about me, too. About my sister, Drista and my parents, who are soon to get a divorce, probably. George was seemingly also very shocked about my life. But now, at least, we have gotten to know eachother better. We even walked inside the school together. We were stared at and laughed at, but neither of us cared. We were us.

All of this would've been so much easier if I wasn't in love with him.