6

I sat down on the brown chair in Principal Alex's office, Tommy next to me. I was avoiding eye contact with him. And so did he.

"So, Clay and Tommy. Care to explain what happened out there?" he crossed his arms and leaned further into his chair. Tommy scoffed. I wanted to say something, but Tommy got in the way.

"I deeply apologize, Principal. I'm sor-" Principal Alex slammed a large book onto the table loudly and rolled his eyes with a grin. "Do you boys don't fucking understand that fighting is atrocious in my goddamn school? One of you..." he pointed at Tommy, who was startled that the Principal had cursed. "... could have been fucking expelled! Never again." The Principal sat back down and opened the book.

Tommy and I exchanged looks for a moment, but quickly looked at the door when we heard the Vice Principal come through. Vice Principal Karl.

He stood next to Principal Alex, placing his gloved hand on the Principal's shoulder. That looked really damn powerful.

I heard Tommy gulp. As he should. He should be fucking scared. He punched my damn neck. He could've killed me.

"Thomas, Tom. You are hereby suspended. Suspended for a week. When you come back to school, we expect your shitty behavior to have changed. Under-fucking-stand?" Tommy nodded and the two Principals smirked.

"Good. Now, if you will, Mr. Jacobs, please call Mr. Simon's mother. Pick this child up." The Vice Principal nodded and walked out of the room and to the secretary.

Tommy's face darted towards the floor and I could see the tears in his eyes. I couldn't fucking care less if he cried or not. As long as I wasn't in trouble, my life was fine.

"Tom, please apologize to this poor boy. He didn't deserve a beating."

Tommy looked up and shook my hand. "S-sorry, Clay," said Tommy, his voice as shaky as a rollercoaster.

Whilst the Principal was reading his book silently, waiting for Tommy's parents, the two of us sat there. One of us was scared, the other was quietly enjoying his wrath on the blond boy.

"Tommy?" I heard the voice behind me, a soft, reassuring voice. Tommy's mother was standing in the doorway. Clutching her purse and holding a piece of paper in her hand.

"What happened? Why did you call me in here, sir?" she asked, her eyes full of confusion and shame. The Principal's eyes darted towards Tommy, to me and then to Mrs. Simons. "Your son... he's going to be suspended for a week. Because of a... school fight, hm?" Tommy shuffled his feet uncomfortably and looked at his mother.

"Clay, please explain what happened." Huh? What? As much as I wanted to, I didn't want to come across as an arrogant student. I did want to get Tommy in trouble, let's face it, everyone would. But I know that his whole family would hate me afterwards, and I didn't want that. But that tempting look that the Principal gave me, I couldn't resist.

"I was sitting at the tree. Just chilling with my... friend, George. Until Tommy came up to me and was randomly mad at me, I don't know why. He said it was because of his friend, Tubbo. That some kid named Ranboo stole Tubbo from him. What do I have to do with that? Nothing. He pushed me. I pushed back. It started out by pushing each other, until I punched him. Though, not in the neck. I got distracted by my friend, and then he punched me."

I shrugged and gave Tommy a grin. And now I knew. He would hate me for the rest of my life.

The Principal smiled and continued to explain that school fights were shit, and that Tommy would be suspended for a week. Tommy's mother seemed surprised. How? Tommy always got into fights.

After we left the office, Mrs. Simons placed a hand on my shoulder and apologized. "Clay, I am so very sorry for my son doing something like this to you. You don't deserve this. No one does. I am extremely dissapointed in him. Again, I... we are so very sorry." I gave her the most sympathetic smile I could do, and told her that it was okay. After both of them left, I returned back to the tree.