11

I couldn't describe the disappointment flowing through me that day. George fucking betrayed me, even though I trusted him with my soul. His apology wasn't going to be enough. Nothing would be. Nothing.

I ran through the hallway, tears streaming down my face. I ran past all of the older and younger students, questioning why a seventeen year old was crying and running past them at such a pace.

I ran all the way to the parking lot, past the tree and to the car. Just to see Nick.

He was standing in front of the car. With Tommy. Jesus christ.

I didn't really care if I got hit right now.

"Where the FUCK did you drive my car yesterday?" Nick yelled, jangling the keys in front of me. I panicked. Oh fuck, I completely forgot about that situation.

I shrugged. Tommy scoffed and whispered something to Nick. He came closer to me and whispered in my ear, "I know that you fucking drive my car somewhere, f*ggot." I looked up at him, the urge to punch him at one hundred percent right now.

Tommy laughed. "We know your secret, Clay. You're dating that gay boy." I looked straight back to Nick. I was furious at him. For fucking stealing my George from me. Then I realized: I fucked it up. I should've yelled at Nick, not at George. He would never love me again, now. Curse whoever made love.

"What the fuck did you do to George?!" I shouted, demanding an answer from the fucking asshole.

Nick grinned viciously. "So the f*ggot told you already? Pathetic. I told him to keep that fucking saturday a secret." Wait, WHAT?! SATURDAY?

THAT WAS ONLY A FUCKING DAY AFTER GEORGE AND I ANNOUNCED THAT WE'RE TOGETHER.

I resisted the temptation to fuck up the two homophobes in front of me, for many reasons.

"Did you force him, Sapnap?" I asked. Nick looked up. He looked at me, surprised that I used his IGN. That name always made him feel guilty, but would it work this time? I doubted it.

"Why would I force him, f*ggot?! I'm not that much of an asshole!!" He scoffed. Tommy was already gone by now, pathetic.

I grabbed his shirt and pulled him towards me.

"Did you fucking force him, Sapnap?!"

And all of a sudden, he started crying. He kicked himself away from me and hid behind the car.

"Nick? Sapnap? What??" I was so confused.

"I can't fucking do this anymore!! I just want to know what I am!!" I paused. Oh no. Oh my God.

I ran behind the car, to him, and hugged him from behind. No matter how much I wanted to smash his face in right now, he was still my best friend. My best friend who was confused about his sexuality.

"I'm so fucking sorry, Clay. I really didn't mean to be such an asshole lately. And I really hate myself for doing that with your boyfriend. He didn't want to, but I fucking forced him to. I just wanted to know who I am. But I cherry-picked out who I wanted to fuck, and out of all, I had to choose my best friends boyfriend. I'm such an asshole. I'm so motherfucking sorry."

"Nick, I'm still really mad, but I can understand that you wanted to find out your sexuality. That was a really poor way to do that, though. But it's understandable."

Nick laughed. "Okay, Dream." I chuckled at the name and playfully punched him. Nick smiled.

"Now let's drive home," he said. I chuckled, patting his back. "I hate to break it to you, PandasCanPvP, but it's not even 1 pm yet. We can't drive home." Nick stopped.

"There's no need for that nickname at all, Clayton." I gave him another little punch. "Shut up, Slurpmurp." He laughed.

"Let's just go home, I can't take this anymore."

-

I was on the phone with Nick, playing Minecraft, talking about random shit. I completely forgot about George for a few hours. But I didn't want to forget about him for not even a second. It felt illegal to me.

"Um, Nick?" I said softly. I felt my heart drop. I didn't know how to feel about the situation. I was of course still mad at Nick, but all that I wanted to do was to apologize to George. Nothing was his fault.

"Yeah, what's up?" I inhaled sharply. "C-can you maybe tell me what happened with you and George?" I clenched my fists and closed my eyes shut aggressively.

I heard Nick getting quieter. Great, I just made the situation worse.

"Clay, you don't want to know. You don't have to know either. All that you need to do is to talk to George. And not over the phone, in real life. Please," Nick said, his voice getting shaky again.

"Now?" I asked, worried. I was so scared that George wouldn't want to see me anymore. But it was way too soon for that. George needed time to handle the situation.

"No, I feel like George needs time to cope with the situation, and how I had handled it."

Nick sighed. "He needs to cope, yes, but it would be easier if you're there. Just, please, Clay? Do it for me." I scoffed. I wouldn't to shot for him right now. I'd do it for George and only George.

"Fine."