2

The day was over. It was probably one of the most astonishing days in my entire life. I got to spend so much more time with George than I usually did. The way he smiles, the way he laughs, it makes me forget that he's not the only boy in the world. It's like we're high up, in space, the universe, looking down at everyone else.

We sat back at the big apple tree after school, talking about how terrible some of our teachers are, and how some of our classmates are too stupid to realize someone likes them. I wish George liked me. But how could he possibly like someone like me? I'm so much more taller than him, I'm not really that attractive, and I have disgusting green eyes. While I'm ugly, he's the prettiest boy I've ever seen. His wavy brown hair, the tiny freckles on his nose, his symmetrical face, his brown eyes, reminding me of a sweet summers night, his nose, his lips, which I wanted to press mine against so desperately. Just looking at George makes my face turn all red and I just want to be with him all of the time. Not with anyone else, just him. He's so perfect to me. He should be perfect to anyone out there. Everyone.

"Hey, Clay?" People should pay money to hear his voice, let alone, speak to him. "Hm?" I scooted closer to him. He looked up at me and I tried my best not to blush, because the way he was looking at me right now... damn. He tilted his head at me. "Why is your face so red?" I stopped in my tracks. Shit, he noticed. I shook my head and laughed nervously. "Haha...ahem... um, it's just that... sometimes my face get's red... I have no idea why." What the fuck Clay. That was the shittiest answer possible, but seemingly, George believed me.

"Okay." George smiled and I couldn't help but notice him starting to blush a bit, too. He started laughing as I pointed that out to him and it felt amazing. He's flustered! Oh God, I want to make him blush all of the time. He's just so cute.

He had to leave eventually, though. Being picked up by his mother didn't work, so he was expected to be home at the given time. It was seemingly very stressful for him. But he said his cute little "Bye-bye!" to me and left. God, I wish I could be with him all the time.

I didn't know that I was staring off after George, who had left a while ago, because Nick had been calling me for the past 20 minutes. As he shook me out of my trance, I jumped. "AH- oh it's you. What's up Ni-" I stopped immediately as I saw that Nick had a black eye. "Nick?! What the fuck happened?" I got on my knees and examined the wound.

Nick looked angry. But not at the person who caused the wound, but at me. It was obvious. The way he scrunched up his nose, the way his mouth twitched... he was mad at me.
"What did I do now?" I honestly didn't know why he was so angry at me. But Nick didn't look necessarily mad. He looked like he was on the verge of tears. "Nick?" As I saw the tears streaming down his cheeks, I tried to hug him, but he pushed me away. "Don't fucking touch me!!" Nick stood up and started shouting at me louder.

"You made me look like a goddamn weak-ass pussy! The whole day, I looked like a bitch! All because you were never near me. I didn't even see you once today after I ran off to Tommy and Tubbo." Nick got close to my face.

"All because of that fucking f*g."

I stopped. Did he mean George? No, he couldn't have. Just because George was bisexual, didn't mean he was more into boys, and that definitely doesn't give Nick an excuse to call him a f*ggot.

I stood up, revealing to everyone how tall I was, compared to Nick. His face started forming into a little egg below me. A small, weak boy beneath me. "Don't fucking call him that." The words just blurted out of my mouth, but I meant them. I meant them with all of my heart. They were the right words, just not to the right person.

Nicks tears formed again and I regretted how I had acted. I didn't regret my words, but how I acted like I was better than him. After all, I didn't want to lose a friend of fifteen years. I've known Nick since we were both one year old. Since then, we've done almost everything together. And now, I'm so scared that I'm going to lose him. Of course, we've had fights like these before, but never over a person. Never over someone who Nick had called a slur.

"Fuck you." Nick sobbed and ran away. "Nick!" I started to run after him, but he kept pushing me away. "Fucking, don't even touch me!" Many people were already staring at us. But all I cared about right now was not to lose my best friend. As I lost Nick out of my sight, I tried my best to hold back the tears. I looked around at all of the other people, staring at me and whispering about me. I gave them an angry look and they instantly looked away.

At home, I ripped off my backpack and threw myself onto my bed. Tears were falling into my pillow. I was screaming and shouting at myself.
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck! How could I be so fucking stupid?!" I hated myself at this moment, I just wanted to sink into my mattress and dissolve into thin air. Would I lose Nick? I don't want to lose him. He's my best friend. I would do anything not to lose him. George caused this. It was apparently his fault, but to me, George did everything except make Nick mad.

There was something else on his mind.