14. Confusion

Chapter Fourteen : Confusion

Stunned. That's one word to describe me right now. It must have been awkward for most people to see two people making out in a room but for me, it's different. Why?

1. As you know I don't go to parties so I don't know this happens.
2. I've never seen people kissing. I mean, in movies, of course, never in real life.
3. I don't know what to do now.
4. Can I just disappear at this very moment?
5. No, I can't. I don't have Harry Potter's invisibility cloak.

Okay, back to reality. They haven't notice me yet because it was too dark and they're too busy. Quietly, I stepped two steps out of the room, careful not to make a noise. I closed the door on my way out. I realized something.

SHIT. WHAT THE HECK, LEIGHTON. I SHOULDN'T CLOSE THE DOOR. IT WASN'T EVEN CLOSED AT FIRST. Another worse mistake ever. When I reach home later, I'll practice slapping myself more but now I have to escape.

With my instincts telling me that they're going to come out and see who's the dumb creeper who did that, I ran away fast from that room. And I don't run. So, you basically get the picture of me running away from the room during a party. I most probably looked like a drunk maniac who had just crept on people kissing and couldn't wait to run to tell her fucked up friends about the scene.

After I reached the dancing room where everyone was wildly shaking their bodies all about, shouting and laughing, I was already out of my breath. At least I got to escape from an awkward and totally stupid situation. I rubbed my face with my hands, trying to wake myself up. No more mistakes, Lei.

I was about to take a drink from the small bar where there was an assigned bartender to serve for that party when I felt someone's hand on my arm. I turned around and saw a blonde-haired guy with dark greenish-blue eyes facing me. Something was not quite right about him. I felt my goosebumps rising and the back of my neck sweating.

He grinned goofily before saying, " H-heeeeeey thereeeeee gurl, whatcha doin'? Danciiiing aloneee?" He slurred his words when he talked and I knew from that moment that he's drunk.

I tried getting away from his grip on my arm but he didn't let go of me. His knuckles turned white when I tried to struggled away from his grip. His eyes staring intensely into mine, like a hungry cannibal, waiting for its meal to be ready.

" Please.. leave me alone. I have to go," I begged, trying to leave as fast as I could from the drunk dude. His grip softened a little but I still couldn't shake his hand off my arm. He then gave me a friendly smile which freaked me out at first but then he place his other hand on the small part of my back, pulling me closer to him.

No. No. No. I have to get away from this fast. His face was leaning closer and closer to mine while I got nervous, my heart beat pulpilating but I just couldn't move.

I was too shocked by this and I can't respond until his face was nearly touching mine but then, suddenly, he was not in contact with me. He was jerked backwards by a strong pair of arms and under the ever-changing disco light, I saw a familiar face. It was a face I least expected.

It's Jackson McLean.

At this moment, I was utterly and completely loss of words. What in the world? How did he suddenly appear? Did he know it was me who interrupted their kiss? Crap. Crap. Crap. Why?

The drunk dude was surprised by the sudden action, still a little blur, and when he faced Jacksom finally, Jackson did something I didn't expect him to do. He grabbed a fistful of his shirt up high, causing the guy to crane his neck down, making it hard to breathe for him.

Up close to his face, he said through his gritted teeth, " Don't fucking do that again just because she's innocent."

Woah. Never have I expected to see and hear that coming from him, just to protect me, I mean. Why would he do that? Is this some kind of sick joke? It's not what I'm thinking right? I mean, it's impossible for him to like me. I'm unnoticed most of the time, it's impossible to have him notice me out of so many others.

My moment of mixed emotions wasn't as important as the scene in front of me right now. Jackson was already staring fiercely at the blonde guy, like he was ready to pound on him if he dare make a move. He was still holding a fistful of his shirt, making the drunk dude's face as red as a tomato while the drunk dude tried to mumble something.

Jackson lost his temper at his no-reaction-face and in a swift move, he punched the guy hard on the face once. The drunk guy fell onto the ground and there was a brief silence while everyone around them started to gasp and gather around to watch the scene. Why? Why did he do that?

The drunk guy got up from the ground slowly, his jaw was bleeding but his face look dazed, probably from being drunk. I felt tears prickling my eyes but I forced them not to fall while I said in a shaky voice, " Stop, Jackson. Just stop." Jackson's face was red from his rage and I wonder if he was also drunk right before the fight.

He looked me straight in the eyes, not in a pleasant way and I felt an uneasy twist in my stomach. He clenched his fists and punched one of his fist on the table next to the bar, causing some girls to jump back in shock. He walked straight out of the house, without even looking back once.

One question : Jackson McLean, what were you thinking?

--
A/N
Hey loves! Sorry for the slow update (again) because I was sick the whole last month so yeah my brain couldn't function and shit. Anyway, it's a super short chapter and I'll update as quick as I can! Maybe this weekend who knows?

S/o to @confetti_romancer for being such a derpy great friend to me ( go check out her work rn!! )

p.s. Thank you for all your patience and comments! I love your comments a lot :)

Lastly, please..
VOTE /
COMMENT /
SHARE.

The-author-who-updates-really-slow-and-frustrates-readers-a-lot,
Daphne x